Thread: Triangle like flickering in Games with GeForce GT 540M

Triangle like flickering in Games with GeForce GT 540M

My system is showing huge problem with GeForce GT 540M graphics card. I am currently using the ASUS K53S laptop and it is having problem with every 3D video game. While playing games, Some parts of the game shows of triangle flickering artefacts. It happens with most of the games. No matter what troubleshoot I try, it remains the same. This issue has started after installing the latest drivers (ver. 290.36). The most annoying problem I have seen in Call of Duty WM3.

Re: Triangle like flickering in Games with GeForce GT 540M

Sounds like your games are running off the integrated graphics card instead of the dedicated, easy enough to fix. Right click your desktop and enter the nvidia control panel. From the selection on the left, choose 3D settings -> Manage 3D settings. From there, you will be able to modify how things are launched. You can set game specific or global settings to launch everything under the GPU. 'Prefer Maximum power' in power management mode, then so the same with your any game where the problem occurs. If it does not exist in the list, you can add it. The button is next to the drop-down list

That's not true at all. I have this graphics card in the laptop (Dell) and because the driver is managed by the standard range of nvidia. Although Dell is also usually out special drivers, but not with nvidia. If it was really due to the driver, then you could try to use the last driver. The version 275.33 WHQL (there are even more recent, but they are only beta) and can be downloaded from the archived drivers on the nvidia site.

In the traditional hybrid graphics video cards have two completely independent of each other that are connected to a mux (a switch) which in turn is connected to the monitor. In this type of solution it is possible to pass from the use of a card to the other via the new kernel module called switcheroo (very experimental and that does not work on all configurations) which acts precisely on the mux. In practice or Intel is on or is the nvidia, the two cards never work together. With this technology, I have the following advantages / disadvantages:
    • Advantages: The two video cards completely independent of each other, in laptops equipped with this technology, is generally an option in the bios that allows disabling the integrated card .
    • Disadvantages: the change of board generally requires a logout / login (versions I believe in old-growth), and also has some flicker when switching between tabs. Plus you cannot enable nvidia card to run under a specific program.

The best driver for players is always the latest WHQL certified drivers shared anything else is nonsense. For Standard VGA Graphics Card - The manufacturer of your system requires that you download the driver for your GPU from their support page. The GeForce Go graphics processors for notebooks use special drivers that have been programmed for shortcuts, power management and certain behaviors when closing the lid and suspend / resume functions that are common in notebooks. The reference graphics drivers for desktop PCs that are available on the NVIDIA driver download page do not support these features.

Vsync, incidentally, was not activated and the monitor was recognized only as a standard monitor, but not what I think makes much difference. Then has probably just a little tinted, as far as I can tell. Good thing we were able to solve it. But please show me, if you can find on the manufacturing side display driver. I would almost always install. I've seen many times that monitors in Windows as a standard plug and play have been identified, and thus, for example, not the maximum resolution and the proper frequencies could be used. I have also seen this flicker and color games already. This need not be so if it is avoidable.

Sounds like a classic overheating. Is the graphics card reference design with radial fan?

What is your airflow for housing?

Look obs in the driver an option to display the temperature is, or with Speedfan or GPU-Z. Parts then multiply by the values. However in my case the problem was actually on the monitor cable. It was connected to a VGA cable with an adapter. The cable was properly connected and tightened, but somehow there was probably a problem with the connection. Then made some more benchmarks. Temperature was actually still somewhat OK. Except for the interior, which I find somewhat high at 36 degrees (if the data is correct). The fact that the graphics card is also very hot, of course, is admittedly a bit awkward been buying.