Thread: screen goes purple with GTX 560 TI

screen goes purple with GTX 560 TI

Its very much strange and interesting to see such unusual things on a computer system, especially on my very own system. i had never facing any issue with my existing GTX 560 ti graphic card. Heard lot of time about the system screen turning blue or pink but this is the first time I have seen that the screen went purple while performing some sort of activity. I have noticed that this issue occurs most of the time when I try to play any video on Youtube or at any site. Suddenly while watching the videos the screen turns purple and not just stay with that screen, alongside also some weird lines appear on that purple screen. I need not have to do anything while the screen turns purple, most of the time the problem recovers after 5 to 10 seconds and I get some alert message letting me know about the issue and telling me that there was an issue with the kernel mode and something like that and therefore it was restarted. But a thing doesn’t stay same all the time, also sometimes the computer gets locked up and at last I am forced to reboot the machine. I have never messed up with my system configuration; everything is same from the time I purchased the machine except for the graphic card. When my GTX 560 Ti was shipped to me I overclocked it. But now I have got back to the normal settings. Please help me out and let me know what I should do.

Re: screen goes purple with GTX 560 TI

After reading out your post the only thing I could make out is that your card has been encountered with some physical damage. I would be must suggested to use FurMark for running some sort of test. You can probably run User Benchmark, I am not sure but I think the test starts at some 6 minutes I guess but you need not have to worry you can simply take it down to 2 minutes or as per your requirements. I would be interesting to have this test on your machine; if anything fails then definitely it will tell you or inform you without fail. Probably you might also need to RMA the card.

Furmark is one of the best openGL benchmark that actually uses fur rendering algorithms in order to note down the performance of your graphic card. The core reason why Fur rendering has been adapted is for overheating the GPU and just because of this reason it is suggested as one of the best and perfect stability and stress test tool also being called as GPU burner for the graphic cards.

If you are thinking that it’s the card that is causing this problem then unfortunately you are wrong my dear, its not the card that is messing up the screen instead it’s the card’s driver showing you up the purple screen. Even I have got a 560 Ti card and then thereafter I also started getting much similar kind of screen. I am not sure what driver you are using but in my case I am having 296.10 that is causing a purple and sometimes pinkish kind of screen which then later on locks up the machine with no reason. I have tested the drivers multiple times and all the time they have come up well and fine with no negative result. Right now I am using 301.24 beta and this driver is working fine right now without showing any problem.

Yeah I do agree with the fact that the main problem is with the driver that is being installed with the graphic card we purchase. Even I had a GTX 560ti and it did the same thing with my system as in yours. I too gets the same purple screen with the kernel error popup without fail and also I get those random line on this weird screen. After reading out your post I can make out that even in my case the issue is very much similar without even a single difference. I too get that purple screen freezing in my system only during the time I watch youtube videos and not while doing anything else. I guess if I am not mistaken most of the time the GPU usage goes beyond 90% only when we play some high end games or try to run stress test but and therefore most probably this create a chances of getting that purple screen but that’s not the case. Playing games or running such stress test never showed me any kind of unusual behavior instead if I watch a video as stated I get that screen.

Anyways after researching a lot found that 290.36 drivers are the best ones for the 500 series card. They are the latest one that could probably work well with this series. Driver that came before 290.36 probably have chances of causing issues like lockups and system freezes. So its better recommended to switch to 290.36 drivers or maybe if possible beyond but do not dare to stay with any other old drivers. I too did the same and somewhat got the issue eliminated. Hope so as days will pass on the issue will completely go off and not come again. Please try out my

I would suggest you some other utility for testing the performance and stability of your card. I am not sure what exactly does Furmark does but surely Video Card Stability Test will be much useful for you. The best thing about this test is that while the test is running you might find this Video Card Stability Test as much as possible loads GPU. Now whats beneficial with this ability is that it can be very much useful while detecting the frequencies on which the video card would be able to work stably. This video card stability test is able to use VertexShader and PixelShader but only if they are able to support by the video card that you have installed into your machine. There are certain things that have been introduced in the latest version of Video card stability test. They are:
    • Bug fixed on "Send result" random crashes.
    • Bug fixed on screensaver in Windows XP 64bit and Vista 64bit.