Thread: Nvidia GeForce 8500GT has been fried after 275.33 driver update

Nvidia GeForce 8500GT has been fried after 275.33 driver update

Not sure what’s there in new driver update but anyhow I could only say that its not good for Nvidia graphic cards. My NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT has been completely fried out after performing the 275.33 driver update. Before the driver update everything was well and fine but then don’t know what happened suddenly after did the driver update for my card the card heated up and went bad. I don’t know. This is really worst, how come they bring up something that could destroy even your card. After facing this problem I researched a lot about this issue and found that I am not the only one who encountered this issue after updating and installing the 275.33 driver, there are number of other people who lost their card too. Yesterday morning I called up the support center and what they told me was to make sure that other hardware were set up properly and updated well. After your card being toasted up will you ever think to take off the driver and fix up the issue? for all the people like me now it will be more difficult to even roll back, this would not fix the problem in any of the way.

It would be much better if Nvidia reply us to the issue giving a proper reason for the cards burning out so worst. I would expect them to come up with a replacement solution for the card. I am sure they will create a huge havoc and mess while deciding to replace the card, its because they are actually not the real manufacturer and provider of most of the cards. But I think however they need to find a way out for this problem. The main reason for me posting this thread here is to see how many of the users are still present with this issue and sacrificed their card too. I would at least expect some help from Nvidia, if they really do care about their customers and want them to stay retained then surely they have to do something otherwise I don’t think anyone is going to stay with them after facing such problem.

Re: Nvidia GeForce 8500GT has been fried after 275.33 driver update

I would not at all agree with the statements you made for Nvidia. First of all its not necessary that the problem which you are facing has to be faced by others too. Might be there are few people whose driver update resulted in burnt out card but that doesn’t mean that all the users might get the same issue with this driver update especially with 275.33 driver.

I have recently tested my rig that has been equipped with 8800Ultra GPU(s) in SLi on auto fan settings Core 660(OC). Let me tell you that I wasn’t able to even produce any kind of damage. Also the functionality and the in-game performance was not at worse in any way. I would also like to tell that the issue has nothing to do with Nvidia if you have tried to intentionally push for a petition. And trust me this is the first time some on internet I am reading that a new WQHL driver has destroyed and burnt a card. Never seen or heard from anyone about their card getting destroyed just because of a simply driver update. You have stated that there are number of users existing with the same problem but as far as I can see there is no one other than you complaining and claiming about it, I would really appreciate if anyone other than you post here about facing the same problem and currently having a burnt card after updating the above mentioned driver.

Not being rude but I think you need not have to blame Nvidia for this issue. if asked me I would personally blame the driver itself for causing the such problem. Speaking to Nvidia will not help you out in any way, so its better you stop pointing out nvidia and try to get some mature and genuine reason for your problem.

If you will check out the last two years history of the drivers, each and every driver that has been released from that time has ultimately resulted in burnt out cards. And the case is much obvious to those who all are trying to force upgrade their system. You shouldn’t forcefully upgrade your driver if its not happening for any reason. I don’t know how you cant see people facing the same problem. You need not have to check out the complete internet instead simply visit any forum site of Nvidia’s official forum and search for the same issue you might end up getting multiple results. There are several threads made by several people based on the same issue, in fact if you visit Geforce 8 & 9 Series board and the Driver board you might find lot of similar issues like overheating and dead card after they installed the driver update. I can understand that graphic cards do die most of the time but how come several people come up with this issue at the same time and most importantly only after getting the latest new driver update, specifically the 275.33 drivers.

Yeah I do agree with you. I have already made a thread of the similar issue on some other forums after looking at multiple people coming up with the same problem. My problem was worst, initially starcraft II wasn’t working so therefore believing that it might be due to the drivers issue I simply updated the drives and fixed up the issue. I was right, the issue was with due to the update. However later on when I started the game I was able to play it successfully, the game worked well for next 5 to 10 minutes but afterward nothing went correct. My computer’s screen froze. I turned off the system and then restarted it which was my second mistake I guess because after rebooting the machine I found that the resolution was too small i.e. 640x480 as compared to what it was before rebooting and also it had 4 bit graphics. I was probably able to change the setting, that wasn’t a big deal. When I checked in the Driver Manager it stated that there was something that went wrong with the card.

I decided to roll back to the previous driver I had before but that didn’t fix the issue so therefore is started trying out other related drivers and fortunately I this time I hit it at the correct place. I got my card working again well and fine but that was as usual only for 5 minutes, and after that as you know the same freezing issue. and from then onwards till now I haven’t seen the card working at all. other than what I have mentioned I have tried uninstalling the card then I tried driver sweeping with other programs and so on but no use. the problem is too worst now. if anyone can suggest me with any proper solution then please let me know, I would really appreciate your suggestion and input.

Its not the first time where people are coming up with an issue where the driver update killed their card. Not just 275.33 but it happens with other updates too. I am one amongst them facing the same problem. In my case the issue happened when 196.75, this update dropped out automatically. My card was 8800 Ultra, don’t know for reason this thing happened. 196.75 drivers always come up with this issue. Every time a user facing this kind of issue post about his problem on Nvidia website and nvidia without even thinking remove that thread just to be on a safer side. Seems like the quality of nividia drivers are now days being dropped tremendously. I would not leave them, I keep on harassing nvidia, calling them up number of times regarding the issue and asking them for the replacement or compensation. I would suggest everyone who have their cards older not much older than 2 to 3 years and if it has been died due to the driver update then simply send it back and ask them for the replacement but make sure that the card is under warranty. I would have done the same but the problem is that my card is out of warranty and therefore I couldn’t do so.

Please friends try to understand, stop blaming nvidia or the driver for the issue. the issue can occur also when you play some sort games that are out of range or also the reason could be the windows update.

The driver actually pushes the card much harder and therefore they improves the performance and suppose if you have a card that is about to fall or on the edge then there are max chances that it might die soon with even needing to exert much pressure on it. this is what I call age associated damage and not a damage that is caused due to other factor like driver update or something. Or also it could a mere co-incident that you updated the driver and played a game that caused the card to die suddenly.
    If you will check out the last two years history of the drivers, each and every driver that has been released from that time has ultimately resulted in burnt out cards.
    Yeah that’s true, even I heard about a while before. There came up a set up nVidia drivers (196.75) that did destroyed load of cards and also several users came up complaining about this issue. Actually there a bug that use to stop the fan from spinning and then resulting in overheating and caused a fatal damage.

At least now it has been proved that there are several existing with the same problem of having their cards dead. No matter what is the reason but almost all of them are facing the problem after doing a driver update and this is the most common factor you would find in all of the case. This is for variety of cards and also variety in their operating system like Windows Vista 32bit or 64bit and Windows 7 32bit 64bit. As according to me what exactly the problem is that the graphics are being messed up all the way with the high end graphic cards or also it could be that the card is denying to work and function on some of the lower end cards which is at the end causing the default VGA to kick in. now all in all what is most noticeable and common in all the users facing this problem is the driver update, all of us have downloaded and applied the 275.33 driver for our cards and later on the story is in front of you, all of our cards have dies with a similar climax. Just wanted a reply from Nvidia about this and nothing else. There might be one or two user who have not faced this problem but that doesn’t mean that the card or the driver is not faulty. Cards don’t come up for cheap rate, of course all of us are supposing to pay for it then how come we will keep quite.