Thread: Which GTX graphic card can replace GeForce 9800 GTX

Which GTX graphic card can replace GeForce 9800 GTX

Currently I am having the GeForce 9800 GTX but that is showing me some problems while playing games and watching HD videos. So I am thinking to replace that with a new card. Can you tell me that which card should I use in order to get better performance as compared to the GeForce 9800 GTX. Price for the card does not matter for me but card should worth for its price otherwise that will be none of use. I did some search on this with the help of google and got many of the options but that makes me totally confused. So I thought that it will be good to have suggestion from the people over here. I am expecting some quick and quick suggestion from here. If you have anything helpful then please post that over here. Thank you.

Re: Which GTX graphic card can replace GeForce 9800 GTX

My suggestion to you is to go for the GeForce GTX 560 Ti. First of all NVIDIA has disabled a Streaming Multiprocessor (SM), bringing the total to eight GF114 graphics core. Each SM incorporates functional 48 shaders, four texture units, eight units and dispatch. All four 64-bit ROP partitions are enabled, and each is capable of handling 32-bit integer eight pixels per clock cycle. The result is that the GeForce GTX 560 has 336 shaders, 56 texture units, 32 ROPs and a 256-bit bus. Let's take a look at the cards that are in the same price range:

I am using Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti and this is giving me the best performance in almost all the games. As regards performance, the GeForce GTX 550 Ti is located almost at the same level as the Radeon HD 5770, even defeating it in several tests. The GeForce GTX 550 Ti has been presented with an estimated price of $ 150. The special highlight as GeForce GTX 550 Ti showing the direct successor of the GeForce GTS 450 which is a sign of NVIDIA graphics cards that have proved most successful in the market, in terms of volumes. This card is developed with 192 cores and 128-bit memory bus. The Geforce GTX 550 Ti is based on the new GF116 graphics processor that comes as any modern graphics chips in 40-nm process. The GTX 550 Ti is expected to benefit from the same optimizations that Nvidia already with Geforce GTX 580 , GeForce GTX 570 and GeForce GTX 560 Ti. You can go for this card and I am sure that you will not regret your purchase.

GeForce GTS 450 is also not a bad choice to make. The GeForce GTS 450 is based on the GF106 core. This is the third core DirectX 11 architecture-based "Fermi" after the GF100 (GTX480/470/465) and GF104 (GTX460). The company said that it’s the latest release which is designed for Gamers who use 1680x1050 resolution with anti-aliasing (or less) and whose power lies in the 192 CUDA cores (versus the 336 of the GTX 460) with 32 texture units that generates lower energy consumption. This is having 192 Cores with an operating frequency for the GPU from 783 MHz (shaders to 1566 MHz) and a capacity of 1GB GDDR5 memory using a 128-bit interface which can be limiting in some respects. GTS 450 provides a better experience with the computer in recent games. This card is also having support for SLI technology. Two GTS 450 provide attractive scalability with a 95% increase estimated by Nvidia, especially in DX11. With such a configuration, this allows the user to achieve excellent levels of gameplay applying filters to improve image quality without consuming too much power nor generate much heat. It is also consistent physical support "PhysX" where you can select a dedicated GPU if you have more than one Nvidia card. This time, the 3D Vision driver is attached along with the video in order to centralize the facilities. This effectively reduces the frustration at having to install any additional drivers. It also supports the current games like Mafia II, Starcraft 2 and Trine.

The test machine is shaped like this:
    • Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition
    • Gigabyte X58A-UD9
    • Corsair 6GB DDR3 Tri Channel 1600 MHz
    • Seagate 320GB SATA2 HDD
    • PS-1200EM PowerCooler source of 1200 Watts

Don’t think that every time, graphic card is the only culprit for poor performance of the game. If in case your system is lacking in any of the points as the minimum system requirement then you can face the issues like this. Before installing the game, just see for the minimum system requirement for the game and then compare that with your system. See if you having anything missing or what is the thing that you have to upgrade. This is the best way if you want to keep yourself a safe side from system requirement thing. OK… I understand that graphic card is one of the most important thing and especially for the games but PC specification must me compared first if you are getting any such problem while playing the game or while installing game.

My suggestion to you is to get the GeForce GTX 680. The GTX 680 offers a speed / power consumption almost twice that of its previous one like GTX 580. This comes with the size of 295mm2 and total number of transistors increases from 3 to 3.5 billion. This is having phenomenal 1536 CUDA cores instead of 512 (although the design is very different and we cannot directly compare the number of cores) while the GDDR3 memory is from 1.5 to 2 GB. The speed of RAM up to 6GHz now and this is really a remarkable achievement. It is also exciting that the memory bus was reduced to 384 bits with the GTX 580 256-bit.

The gain in speed is also excellent. The GTX 680 is smaller and thinner and produces less heat in it. Therefore this is very quiet for a high-end GPU and is more efficient. Moreover, the technology also offer limited latitude to develop consistent processor. At first glance, you cannot make much differentiates between the GTX 680 from any other dual-slot graphics card. However, there are some changes and improvements over the old GTX 580 and that is worth for highlighting because they turn the gameplay more useful. First, the number of outputs-screens was increased: the old combination of both DVI and HDMI mini port has given way to two DVI ports, HDMI standard size and a brand new DisplayPort output. The GTX 680 is able to handle four monitors simultaneously - DVI and DisplayPort outputs can be used in a gaming environment on three screens in both 2D and 3D, while the final output can be used to manage back-end applications. The other change relates to the power outlet. Recently, the high-end GPU should be connected to the mains with eight-pin PCI Express and six needles. The GTX 680 comes back to the previous configuration of NVIDIA graphics cards and requires only six needles when the maximum power consumption of the chip has decreased from 250 to 195W. This reduction in power consumption is such that NVIDIA is pleased to recommend a 550W power supply to run a GTX 680.