Thread: AMD Ati 6970 is giving slow performance suddenly

AMD Ati 6970 is giving slow performance suddenly

I have been using AMD Ati 6970 in my system and everything was working fine by now and I was not having any issues with the same but then I don’t k now what went wrong with the same and I have noticed that I am getting slow performance suddenly, I mean that when was playing skyrim then I am getting 9fps, I tried out some trouble shooting like reinstalling the driver and now I have somehow managed to get 40+ but then it is still low I was getting quite better than this before, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the other components of the system as I have tested it out with other card and I am not having any such issues with it, is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out with some workaround to get it working like before.
    My system specification:
    • Amd x6 1090t @4ghz
    • 8GB ddr3 corsair vengeance
    • crosshair IV
    • 730W ocz psu

Re: AMD Ati 6970 is giving slow performance suddenly

That’s really weird 40+ for skyrim is quite low, anyways I just wanted to know that how much were you getting previously when this issue was not there?? If possible then just try out using futuremark for comparing the compare, also check out the PSU and see if it is providing the required supply there are possibilities that it might be the culprit, I am not very sure as you have mentioned that you have checked out other card and you are sure that there is nothing wrong with the other component of your system but then these are the basic things that one should check out in such cases, so just check out these things and then post back the result that you get for the same.

Yes that it too low, previously I was getting 60+, I do use RE5 benchmark and as far as I am aware I was getting 150fps previously with it but then now it is just 30, I also wanted to share that in my case I am having 6950 which has been flashed to 6970 and when I am trying to switch back to the default bios through the card switch then I am getting better speed, I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the PSU as it is very new and I did not had any issues with it by now, I am quite sure about this as I have tested out other card on the system and it was supporting it well, anyways I just wanted to add that I have tried out flashing the bios with other brand and I am almost getting better speed so I will be using it in the same way and will report back if I have any further issues.

Even I need some help here, my system is having the below specification:
    • AMD Phenom 2 x3 720 CPU
    • Asus M4A78T-E mobo
    • 8GB G-Skill DDR3
    • ATI Radeon 6970HD
    • Asus Xonar DX sound
    • Samsung HD103SJ 1TB SATA
    • OCZ StealthXStream 700W PS

I am getting poor performance with the card in my case as compared to my brother the same card in their system, I have not tried overclocking and I am just running the game at 1920x1200, I was using gtx 260 previously before switching to 6970 and I just feel as if I am getting the same performance with the 6970, I have not found any much difference with the new 6970 and the old gtx 260, I have been trying to play games like Brink and rift but then they are just unplayable because of the low fps the only game that I have found is staying constant at 60 is Crysis 2 but then on lowest setting, is there any trouble shooting that I can try out to solve this issue??

In that case I just to know the below things:
    • 3DMark Vantage score
    • Graphics Score
    • CPU Score

So that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and I will try to help you with the same, I also want you to try out overclocking the processor to get better and acceptable performance, so just try out that as well and then let me know if it is making any difference or not. If you still do not get better performance then I think that you will have to upgrade the processor, anyways just check out the test I have suggested and then let me know what you get.

Here is the requested information:
    • 3DMark Vantage 1.1.0.0 Score 13475.14 3DMarks
    • Graphics Score 18918.29
    • CPU Score 7232.42

I have tried overclocking the processor to 3045 MHz but then when it is exceeding 3k then the game is just crashing, the Stock is around 2800, even I think that I will have to change the processor now to get better performance with the new games, so can you just suggest me a better deal, I am having a budget of $350, I also wanted to know if it will be a better idea if I go for a new motherboard?? any help regarding the same will be appreciated.