Thread: Monitors with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 in sli are not working all together in Surround mode

Monitors with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 in sli are not working all together in Surround mode

I am having a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 in sli and I have bought it recently, the problem that I am having with the same is that I am not able to get the 3rd Projector ON, in my case I am having 3 Projectors from Sharp and they all are of the same model and they are in a surround mode, I am using DVI Connection with DVI to VGA Connectors but then I don’t know why I am just able to get only 2 of them to be working, I have found that they are not working together only when in surround mode but then when I am activating all the three screens then they are working fine, I have tried using MAtrox TH2Go and it is helping me out and I am not having the same issue with it but then I want to use nVidia Surround for getting better resolution, below is my system specification:
    • Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5ghz
    • Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 Mobo
    • 8GB G.Skill memory DDR3 2133mhz
    • 2 eVGA 480GTX vid cards 275.33 drivers
    • RocketFish 7.1 Sound Card..
    • 3 Sharp XR10X-L DLP Projectors

Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out in dealing with it??

re: Monitors with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 in sli are not working all together in Surround mode

In that case I just wanted to know that how have you made the connection? as far as I am aware one has to connect the first two monitors to the first card and then the third to the other card. Have you made the connection in the same way?? If not then try out the same and then let me know if it is making any difference in your case or not, if that is not helping then try using some other Adapter and see if it is helping, there are possibilities that the Adapter might be causing some issue, just make sure that the adapter is having full pinout, if it does not then it wont be able to pass a full signal to the card/projector, you can also try out using straight cable without the adapters for more troubleshooting, just try out these things and then let me know the response that you are getting for them.

re: Monitors with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 in sli are not working all together in Surround mode

As I have mentioned in the first post itself I am using DVI plug with a DVI to VGA Adapter and I have connected in the same way as you have mentioned, first to monitors to the first card and the other to the second card and even after that I am having this issue, I have tried using 2nd card's 2nd DVI port as well but then it did not appeared to be helping, anyways I have tried using different adapter and now I am able to get all 3 of them to be working in the surround mode but then I don’t know for what reason the stereo 3D is not working, do you have an idea what might be causing this, is there anything that I can try out to get it working for stereo 3D, any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.