Thread: Samsung HDTV display colors washed out Using HDMI on Mac Mini

Samsung HDTV display colors washed out Using HDMI on Mac Mini

hi guys

I need help on this , I have Mac mini that was working perfectly ok until a week ago the display just went off for no reason , but that’s ok as it was a bit older machine and I was already planning for the update , so since I have to buy the new monitor, I bought the Samsung HDTV, best one but I am having the problem with the monitor that is when I kept the default 1360 x 768 the color seem to be bit washed out , yes I am using the HDMI setting but when I use the 720P resolution the color looked okay but the resolution was awful. What would be the reason to this . I have looked every where but nothing is helping me in any way , is there anyone here can explain me why this is happening and how can I cure this issue I will be appreciating this .

Re: Samsung HDTV display colors washed out Using HDMI on Mac Mini

I have some what a similar issue with my pc as well , simply got my 2011 Mac mini, attached to Samsung 22" HDTV and am experiencing the precise same problems as you and others. This HDTV was connected to my older mac mini (2006) via dvi-vga and looked nice. Not thus with the new HDMI-HDMI. Was on the phone with Apple twice they instructed a replacement cable went out and acquired new cable.. but I see no difference. Took the mini into native apple store they hooked it up to three totally different displays an older HDTV, a thunderbolt display sony HDTV , all looked nice. The "genius" instructed I zap the PRAM once I get home with the LG connected; did not create a difference. image still is marginal, text is blurry. I turned down the sharpness on the HDTV as others have instructed, better, however not satisfactory. I don’t recognize if this is going to assist or not however Using the equipped HDMI to DVI appears to possess fastened the issues.

I suppose that you must get a mini display port to VGA adapter and connect via VGA instead of HDMI. Works perfectly, simply finds native resolution or might ne Using the equipped HDMI to DVI appears to possess fastened the issues. Hasn’t had a haul at initiate or once waking the pc up from sleeping." No, this did not fix the matter, it simply ignores it. each ports are speculated to work properly, and one does not and there does not appear to be a lot of to try it. If I actually have a foul leg, putting most of my weight on my different leg does not fix the matter. I actually have seen some reference to changing settings on the TV for sharpness and different image improvement settings, that makes excellent sense. If the TV is not "massaging" the image it ought to look simply because it ought to taking off of the pc that could be a 1920x1080 60Hz screen image, shift that size by one pixel and it's about to be distorted since that won't what's being displayed. Once messing with my TV settings for hours, apparently some have a "dot for dot" setting that appears like it removes ALL processing of an HDMI image that appears to figure. i used to be ready to get it pretty sensible by taking down my sharpness and turning off another smoothing choices, however it isn't acceptable to me to be used whereas writing code sitting three feet from the screen.

I purchased an Apple Mini DisplayPort to VGA adaptor and used the VGA input on my TV, that works virtually perfectly, I will work out each pixel on the screen. i am unsure if the dimensions of the image changing which suggests that the display must "process" them to create them display at that size, and that i suppose the image quality problems are a aspect impact of that. conjointly if you explore the display info underneath "about this Mac underneath "more info underneath Graphics/Displays when using HDMI it's a setting known as Television and it's set to Yes this implies that it is aware of it is a TV and may be sending out the image in an exceedingly method that confuses some TVs, however the opposite implication is that they might really fix it if they needed to pay the time to allow some additional changes to extend the possibilities of it operating with a random TV model. It's attention-grabbing that it HDMI to VGA would work further, and that i haven't tested it. a part of it i am thinking is that the overscan adjustment in display settings, if you fiddle with that you simply will see the currently is aware of precisely what adapter i am using which there's firmware on it. VGA is an analog normal and that i was wondering if the thunderbolt spec included analog outputs on it, i am guessing it does not which the adapter has some hardware that's taking the displayport output and creating it analog....... however i am unsure and that i haven't taken the time to appear at the specs.

Having said all that i'm having some odd issues, the pixels are clear over most of the screen width, however in some elements somewhat fuzzy, I will modify this on my TV to create them clear in most areas, however I appear to possess a cloudy zone that i can not get rid of. however I will wear down that. i am conjointly having a random screen wobble that comes and goes, everything can simply shift to a small degree to the left and all the way through a cyclical pattern for like fifteen seconds, then settle out, i think this can be some sort of variance within the analog timing for the VGA signal, may well be the adaptor. i am about to work on that with Appls support and see if I will swap it out and find some improvement there.

See if this assist i used to be employing a VGA/USB switch to attach the Mini and a DualG5 to identical Samsung monitor...however, once I tried connecting to the Vizio RGB/VGA using identical discovered, i could not see the 1920 X 1080 as an possibility on either Mac, and when employing a 1280 X 768 setting on the Mini that worked simply fine, switching to the DualG5 simply wasn't cutting it and i would find yourself with solely the Mini connecting properly and also the DualG5 being reported as "invalid format". once attempting all the suggestions here and elsewhere for our HDMI issues, simply inadvertently, I reconnected the miniDVI to VGA in order that each the VGA AND HDMI (as 1080p) were connected to the Vizio at identical time and that i turned on Mirroring...having each connected at identical time appears to possess fastened my issues...now I will see the crappy HDMI 1920 X 1080 output of the MacMini, however currently I will see (and opt for) an ideal 1920 X 1080 RGB/VGA output of the MacMini and also the DualG5 will see and choose the 1920 X 1080 output too! Weird...but wonderful!

I checked the connections being employed from the tv to MacMini. I discovered I had each the HDMI cables and also the Apple Mini DVI to VGA cables connected... No marvel the display that defaulted to the HDMI was thus lousy, terribly blurry, etc. SO.. I shut everything down, removed the HDMI cables, then the sequence of turning everything on is important I believe 1st activate monitor, then activate MacMini . this offers the Mac the power to acknowledge the resolution and settings. currently it's improved. And conjointly wish to tell you all here do not simply explore the Mini. Take a glance at the menu in your TV / Monitor. typically this goes for Samsung Monitors it will have some setting 'PC/AV Mode', that by default on Samsung panels at least is about to AV for HDMI connections... that means that stuff like PAL/NTSC and different things suddenly influence the screen size, inflicting all kinds of issues, like overscan / underscan problems. you may acknowledge when it's in TV mode, as a result of the screen is then thanks to bright to be used as a private laptop when employing a HDMI cable, and it's fine after you were employing a DVI cable simply an instant ago. For Samsung monitor users: Set the screen mode to laptop OSD 'menu then to setup and reset once that PC/AV Mode and your issues are solved. For TV users: several fashionable TV's that support 1080p 1:1 pixel mapping even have a per association HDMI1 an d HDM2 setting like this in their respective menus . The Mac Mini works fine on each, solely due to this setting.

It would be nice if you tell me the of your Samsung HDTV. I actually have one too and had to rename "HDMI" to "PC" if I keep in mind properly. Well I had the a 2010 i5 mini hooked to my Samsung and also the colours are fine. unhealthy cable? Or an inexpensive cable? I never thought the HDMI cable mattered an excessive amount of however the six greenback ones actually have some problems. thus i suppose that this would significantly unhealthy cable to form problems with HDMI. your screen features a 720p resolution, you must opt for that. It's fairly seemingly that there's a bug within the Samsung firmware that stops different resolutions from operating well. If there are issues with 720p then describe those additional exactly and we'll be ready to realize an answer. If you haven't already, check that all firmware is up thus far. There has been some recent updates that will not have created it to your machine. As for the 720p issue, move to the Samsung setup screen that deals with screen size and set the mode to "Fit to Screen". Pretty positive it says that or one thing similar.

Well as far as I know the TV has the three kind of resolution , there are the times when the lower end models which has the resolution different by 408p, 720p, or 1080p and it will use the scaling technique so that it can adjust the picture as per the requirement . if the monitor that you have is similar that there could be the issue which can’t be solved in anyway except that you will have to get the new TV. But I may be wrong on this . did you tried the color calibration tool that is present on the Mac Machine. I suggest that you should try that first and see if that help or just try another HDMI cable may be that can solve the problem . the fact that it is digital so that would not make that different. Although there is now like more kind of HDMI version and as you said that the system you have is pretty old may be that cable that you have now , may not be up to the required spec that the Mini is going to be expecting.

Thanks for the reply guys I really appreciate this guys but the fact that my TV has been working just fine with other Mac Computer but with the new machine it just don’t work even with the HDMI cable or the HDMI to DVI adapter. And now the DVI to HDMI cable I used with the older Mac mini Machine. It perplexing that the color is better at other resolutions.0 I can see any setting to this on the TV and by the way this is the brand new HDMI cable that I am using so their Is no question of incompetency arise. Really this is very annoying can please help me to solve this issue I will be really glad to know that . thanks

I am not sure if I am correct on this but this looks to me as the Graphic card is assuming that there are certain resolution that will be best for the TV but that resolution become wired for the monitor . The older Mini mostly predates this kind of stuff , so most likely just treat every resolution the similar. Then Again I ma not sure that will be the case and there Is no relevant fact that this could be correct . It is totally likely that the mistake is with the TV's control logic too. I guess the monitor is not able to scale images to that resolution and this is why the thing is going wrong with this . in case the color calibration is not helping then you then may be have to deal with this off colors or a funky resolution ahead or have to buy the new monitor 720p or 1080p TV, not some low end artificial 1080i thing.