Thread: Patch for Nvidia graphic driver 260.9.14 (CUDA) on Real time Linux

Patch for Nvidia graphic driver 260.9.14 (CUDA) on Real time Linux

I use my computer for video editing and most of the videos I use are of very high resolution. To work smoothly on them, I use Nvidia GeForce GT 440 as GPU in my computer. I recently updated the graphic drivers to version 260.9.14. But after updating, the display didn’t appear to be working properly. I could see distortion in dark colors and shadows while pixilation occurred where a bright color intersects with dark color. Can someone tell me what the problem is? I seriously find this issue irritating as my work off video editing is being disturbed.

Re: Patch for Nvidia graphic driver 260.9.14 (CUDA) on Real time Linux

Maybe the graphic drivers of Nvidia that you updated to, that is, version 260.9.14 may not be compatible with Real Time Linux you use. I suggest you to downgrade your graphic drivers as the previous version worked better for your system. When Nvidia develops a new graphic driver, they see to it that it is compatible with all types of operating systems. To achieve this, they test in one single system which has ability to generate conditions similar to other operating systems.

Re: Patch for Nvidia graphic driver 260.9.14 (CUDA) on Real time Linux

Many people have experienced similar problems in Nvidia graphic drivers of version 260.9.14. It is a known issue and exists in many systems. A patch is available to solve this problem and to make it work properly. You will need to patch it with components in this driver to replace the faulty components. To do this, first download NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.44.run –x from their official website. This version of graphic driver is closest in working and compatibility of the graphic driver that you have mentioned in your question. Now use this bash command to replace the components of faulty graphic drivers with proper new ones,
    cd [path]/NVIDIA-Linux-x86-256.44/kernel patch < [PathToPatchFile]/[PatchFilename] cd
    Then it will show you a small log of the files that have been replaced. After the log completes, you need to use another bash command,
    ./nvidia-installer -K --kernel-name=2.6.33.7-rt29
    This will successfully patch the Nvidia’s graphic driver version 260.9.14 in Real time Linux that you are using.