Thread: Facing lags on AMD Radeon HD 6570

Facing lags on AMD Radeon HD 6570

My system specification are as followed:
    • RAM: 2+1 GB transcend
    • HDD: 280GB
    • GFX: AMD Radeon HD 6570
    • PSU:VIP 400r (280W)
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 duo E7400 @ 2.8 GHZ

I have recently added RAM and AMD Radeon HD 6570 to the system and the problem that I am facing is that when I am playing games like COD : black ops then the system keeps moving from 3-25 FPS and for the GTA 4 I am getting 20-28 FPS, I have tried changing the graphics settings but then they are not appearing to be making any difference in my case, I just wanted to know that is this normal with the card that I am having , I have asked the same question to some other people as well but then I have found varying answers so I am not sure what is the issue all about, some have said that I am not having a good psu but then I don’t think the same, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the issue in this case, is there any workaround that I can try out to get better performance with AMD Radeon HD 6570?

Re: Facing lags on AMD Radeon HD 6570

Even I don’t think that there might be something wrong with the cpu in your case but then I have found some people complaining about the lag using AMD Radeon HD 6570 while playing GTA 4, I doubt it is your card, I mean that it might not be able to handle those titles, if you want then you can try out lowering down some graphic settings so as to check if it is making any difference in your case, you have mentioned that you have tried changing the settings and they have not helped and if it is so then I will like to know that which driver you are using for the card? Is it one the latest one, if not then install the latest driver for your card and then let me know the response that you are getting, if you are having issue with the GTA IV then updating the card to the latest version can help you out, I was having the same kind of issue with the CoD BO but then after installing the latest driver and then enabling the an option called Shader Warming in CoD BO I had a lag free CoD BO experience, so just check out these possible solutions and then post back the result that you get for them.

Yes I have tried installing the latest driver for the card and I am currently using the same it is Catalyst 12.3 I had downloaded the same from the AMD site, I have found a no of people solving the same issue by installing the driver as they were having old driver that had come with the Driver CD but then I am not having the same case, I am already having the latest driver I am playing the game on 1440 x 900, I have tried out all the possible graphic settings for the game but then changing them is not making any difference and I am still getting the same response for those game, I really don’t think that this is normal but then I am not able to track out the cause of the issue in my case, I am willing to change the psu soon but then I want it to be worth and there should be a reason for doing the same, I have checked out other forums as well and I have not yet found an effective solution for solving out this issue, if anyone is having any other workaround for me then please share it here it will be very great full , thanks in advance.

I think that you are probably having a old cpu as well as the psu and you should better change then out to get a better gaming experience, I know that Black Ops is a poorly optimized port of its console version but then I don’t think that you should have any issues in playing the game on Low settings, if possible then just post exact video settings that you are using for the game so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are having and will try to help you out with the same as well, if you think that there is nothing wrong with the cpu and psu in your case and there is something wrong with the game itself then just check out some other game like Crysis 2, BFBC2, BF3, Metro 2033 and so and then let me know what difference you are getting, other than this also Run a benchmark app like 3Dmark 11 Basic and then post back their results for further help.