Thread: Recommended power supply for Gigabyte HD 6850

Recommended power supply for Gigabyte HD 6850

Recently I have bought Gigabyte HD 6850 graphic card and before that I was using ATI HD 4650 graphic card and it was working fine. Now when connected Gigabyte HD 6850 with my computer at that time my computer does not start. I have removed Gigabyte HD 6850 graphic card from my computer and then connected it again but after connecting Gigabyte HD 6850 graphic card with my computer also same problem was occurring. I have also downloaded latest BIOS file for my motherboard and then I have updated the BIOS but that does not help me to solve this problem. After searching solution on internet I have come to know that my 300W power supply is not providing enough power and because of that this problem is occurring. please let me know which power supply I should use to make my graphic card properly with my PC?

Re: Recommended power supply for Gigabyte HD 6850

Yes, you are experiencing this problem because of your power supply. To use Gigabyte HD 6850 graphic card in your computer you will need power supply with minimum 650W. if you use any PSU lower then 650w then will creates problems for you. I think you should buy Corsair HX 650 PSU. Compared with the more powerful models of the series is the depth of this 650-watt model is considerably more moderate, and in almost all cases sufficient space. In addition, here comes a 120-mm fan is used, which ensures proper cooling and adjust the heat depending on its speed, which also provides a double ball bearings for a smooth and quiet operation. The efficiency achieved in the peak of 85.5 percent and was awarded the 80Plus Bronze certification. The reactive power reduction is 99 percent excellent. With 650 watts of power the most demanding dual-VGA configurations are provided. Unlike most manufacturers, Corsair PSU is not on a multi-split 12-V line, but on a single, very strong line. Specifically, here are 52-A current and 624 watts. Even a combination of two high-end graphics cards is therefore not a problem.

Specification of Corsair HX 650 PSU

• Construction: Modular
    • Fan: 120 mm (automatic control)
    • Efficiency: 83.52%, max 85.51% (50% load), including 80Plus Bronze certification
    • Form Factor: ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91
    • Life Expectancy: 100,000 hours
    • Active PFC (0.99)
    • Power: 650 W

According to me you should buy Seasonic X-Series - 650W PSU. The X-Series are cooled by a heat sink and a single 120mm fan as effective as that used on the M12D. He inherited an increased reactivity with PWM technology but also a control active / passive depending on the load required by your system. The fan does not switch only above a certain load and idle speed slowly when active cooling is no longer useful. With such a device, the X-Series is what is done best in terms of silence, the fan from completely inactive to practically inaudible, even when fully loaded. On this model there are between 650W another four PCI-Express cables, eight S-ATA. Feel free to plug in only what you need, you will avoid a profusion of cables in your case. Rated power, there is a single 12V rail of 54A led by technology DC-to-DC which guarantee the highest quality aware drained. Stability and comfort await you.

I was also having same problem with graphic card and then I have bought Thermaltake 650W power supply unit and then my system started working properly. You should also buy Thermaltake 650W power supply and then you have to connect it in your computer and then your problem will get solved.