Thread: Getting low fps while playing Call of Duty: World at War in Asus K53S

Getting low fps while playing Call of Duty: World at War in Asus K53S

I am using Asus K53S laptop which have NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M graphics, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5 2430M Processor and 750GB HDD. I normally use laptop for watching movies and playing games. Few days back I have installed Call of Duty: World at War game in my laptop and then when I started playing this game at that time I get very low frames per second. I don’t know what is wrong with it. I have windows 7 operating system. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: Getting low fps while playing Call of Duty: World at War in Asus K53S

I have read your problem regarding FPS issue while playing Call of Duty: World at War on Asus K53S laptop and I will first suggest you to open Call of Duty: World at War game and change the resolution of the game from graphic setting and see whether it makes any difference or not? I am telling you this because many times playing games with lower resolution can solve this type of problems. if you have already tried to solve this problem by changing the resolution on the game but after that also you are getting low frames per second then you have to open Nvidia control panel and then disable Anisotropic Filtering, Anti Aliasing and V-sync option and after disabling it you have to play Call of Duty: World at War and see whether you get proper FPS or not?

Which version of graphic driver you are using in your Asus K53S laptop? I am also using K53S laptop and I was also having similar issue with it and I have downloaded Nvidia 296.10 drivers from Nvidia website and installer it and then my problem get solved. If you are using old drivers then you should download Nvidia 296.10 drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD and then you have to uninstall old drivers from your Asus K53S laptop and delete temporary files. After removing temporary files you have to install Nvidia 296.10 drivers and then start Call of Duty: World at War game and check what the result is.

I have downloaded latest drivers from the official site of the Nvidia and installed but after installing the latest drivers in my laptop when I start playing game at that time also I was getting low FPS. I have also change the resolution in Call of Duty: World at War game but that does not help me to solve this problem. Now after that I opened Nvidia control panel and disabled Anisotropic Filtering, Anti Aliasing, Vertical sync but that does not make any difference for me. Now please let me know how to get rid of this issue?

Asus K53S laptop comes with nvidia optimus technology which switches the graphic processor according to application requirements for longer Battery Life but many times it does not switch the graphics for some application and may be same thing happening with Call of Duty: World at War game in your laptop. If Call of Duty: World at War is using on board graphics then it can be reason behind this issue. you should open Nvidia control panel and from 3D setting you have to add Call of Duty: World at War game and select Nvidia graphics for it and apply that setting and then you will not face FPS issue with this game. If this idea does not work for you then you should open start menu in your laptop and then type power option in search box and press enter key. After that you have to look for Nvidia graphics and click on “On battery” drop down box and select maximum performance and select OK. Now you have to launch Call of Duty: World at War game again and then check what FPS you are getting. I am suggesting you this solution because with my Alienware M17x laptop also same problem was occurred and then I have set Nvidia graphics for the game from Nvidia control panel and then my problem get solved.

Yes selecting the Nvidia graphics manually for the game can fix your problem. I was looking for the solution regarding this issue, first I tried to solve this issue by updating the graphic drivers but that does not help me to fix this problem and then I have tried this solution and my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.