Thread: Suggestion for Pci Graphics Card

Suggestion for Pci Graphics Card

I am thinking to get the PCI Express Graphics Card but I am really unsure that if my motherboard is going to support one. Other than this, I am also wondering that which one is going to be better for me. So I am posting here with the hope that I will get some suggestion from the people over here. If someone over here can provide me some suggestion for this then I will be really thankful for that. I am posting the specification of my system. I am hoping for the best solution from the people over here.
    • HP Compaq DC7800 Minitower Convertible
    • Core2Quad 2.4 8MB l2 cache
    • Q35 motherboard
    • 2 GB Ram DDR2
    • 320HD SATA

I am thinking to get anyone of the below:
    • Radeon HD 6450
    • ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M

Re: Suggestion for Pci Graphics Card

After looking at the specification that you have posted, I can say that you are just having the single PCI Express x16 slot but that is just going to use the half height "low profile" card. Other than this, your power supply is also of less power. I am saying this because 240W is not going to give you much to work. There is just one thing that you can do and that is getting some video card which is at least better than the onboard card. But I don’t think that this is going to be good for the purpose of gaming. Other good option for you is to get the new Case, Power Supply and Video but there is also one big problem to do this because the motherboard that you are using is not of the standard ATX style board and so searching for the new case if going to be very difficult. See if you can get it somewhere.

It will be good for you if you consider getting the ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT but there are some of the bad points regarding this card also. Technically the HD 2400 graphics card is a higher clocked. Thus they may represent older games like Doom 3 or FEAR at medium details fluently. But the graphics card does not provide nearly enough power to display DirectX 10 games (like Crysis) with full details fluently. Due to the Avivo HD video engine, it accelerates the chip HD Video like HD DVD, Blu-ray (Video Decoder for H.264/AVC, VC-1, MPEG-1, MPEG-2 video codecs MPEG-4/DivX). This also provides PowerPlay 7.0 for extended battery life. The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT is also certified for Windows Vista (many books and the Aero user interface). Technically, this is having 40 stream processors (8 5-dimensional vector units), which automatically vertex, geometry or pixel the shader and can execute tasks. This will support DirectX 10.0 and Shader Model 4.0. Another special feature is the 256-bit wide ring bus. If we compare this with the desktop HD 2400 XT with the Mobility version then it is clocked lower at 100MHz in terms of memory and cores as well.

I would like to tell you that the NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M is an entry level card which is devoted as laptop graphics card which was launched in 2010. It is derived from the GF119 core that is a part of the Fermi-architecture. Therefore it supports DirectX 11 and OpenGL 4.0. This card can be equipped with fast GDDR5 memory (which compensates for the narrower memory bus), but generally will be chosen from a cost consideration for DDR3. As compared to the GT 420M, it provides the only 48 instead of 96 shader cores, a 64-bit in place of 128-bit memory bus, but with a much higher clock rate. Furthermore, the architecture is modified slightly.

Performance: As an entry level card, the GT 520M is up against the Intel HD Graphics 3000 in the current Sandy Bridge processors. According to some early tests, the NVIDIA 520M is approximately 1.5-2x faster in games as compared to its Intel competitor. However, the comparison was done in early leaked tests. The 520M still offers a lot better than the Intel GPU drivers (in some games like Mafia 2 or GTA IV, it does not work). Gamers will not enjoy using the GT 520M as only small games can be played at low detail settings.
    I have tested this card through the system with below configuration:
    • Motherboard Sapphire Pure Black P67 Hydra
    • Intel Core i5 2500K
    • 4 GB of RAM
    • Hard drive 500 GB Western Digital Original
    • Operating system Ubuntu Linux 4.11
    • GeForce 280.04 graphics drivers or Catalyst 11.4

The Radeon HD 6450 is a DirectX 11 generation chip whose characteristics are good to replace the Radeon HD 5450. This is carved in 40nm and the chip has twice the computing units with 160 stream processors next to 80 previously. The number of ROP units does not move any more than the number of texture units or the memory interface that stays on 64 bits. Operating frequencies were also higher: 750 MHz chip and 900 MHz for memory. Memory is in a reduced amount: 512 MB for the reference design. The chip has 370 million transistors in a die area of 67 square mm. There is also increase in contrast to TDP 27 Watts. See the below chart and I amsure that you will get some help from this.

I amusing the Radeon HD 6670 and this is really going to be a very good option for you. 3D accelerator is really worthwhile, we will refer to this article using a Sapphire Radeon HD 6570 with GDDR5 memory out. The card uses a unique design with a dual-slot fan holding but otherwise follow the provisions of AMD. The graphics card is the Radeon HD 6670 as well as on the 40-nm process produced Turks GPU, which consists of 716 million transistors and the "beard" of development meets - including a better tessellation and the UVD3. In comparison to the bigger brother there is not much improvement because it is also the full expansion of the computation are used. On the "Turks" there are six SIMD units. Per SIMD are 16 shader clusters, each containing five separate ALUs that compute per measure can MADD. Accordingly, one comes to 96-5D shader units or 480 individual ALUs.