Thread: Need suggestion for Graphic card upgrade for Overclocked Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Need suggestion for Graphic card upgrade for Overclocked Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

I upgrade my system and I stated with the new CPU cooler and then I overclocked my Quad Q6600 to the 3.2 GHz , I also added ddr2 800 ram up to 4 GB . now I have this old Graphic card that only have 512 memory and that is not suitable for my 1080p plasma so I needed to upgrade my GPU . mu main concern is that the GPU with the 3.2 GHz quad cores should not be bottle necked . well someone have suggested me the nvidia 580 or ati 7970 but I think that will not be the correct option . look like I have to buy the GTX 560 Ti or HD 6870. As the RAM memory is concern I guess only 2 GB is enough. But before that I took any step further to purchasing this GPU , I like to ask you people here that most of the benchmark is base on the FPS game like the BF3 and that is not the type of game that I will going to play , I would rather play the games like the

• Prince of Persia
    • Elder scrolls
    • Assassin’s creed
    • Civilization

Correct me if I am wrong here but isn’t it the GPU requirement for such game is lower than the FPS games. I mean I can just settle for the a 550 ti/560 or 6770/6850 and will not see any kind of difference . the problem I s that I am on budget and I have the silent PC that I use it for home theatre, microatx , so I am looking to avoid the unnecessary heating and noise as I don’t want the calculation power , although I don’t want to compromise with the gaming Quality. I am looking for the upgrade that can last for the 3 Years on the context that I only play the game that is available on the discount and most probably in 3 Years I will be playing the games like the or AC revelation or civ5. But I like to play the game on its maximum quality . so what will be the best card for me that will not bottleneck Overclocked Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 at 1080P . I s there anyone here can help me on this I will be really appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Need suggestion for Graphic card upgrade for Overclocked Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

The BF3 is the most demanding engine as the other game wound required that much of power . I have the ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics and that will suit you best this graphics cards with support for DirectX 11 . potentially capable of exploiting the new graphics library from Microsoft that are already in your Windows 7 , very attractive option for the hardcore gamers. This cards have achieved excellent performance . The HD 5770 is just below the Radeon HD 4890 and GeForce GTX 260 with 216sp, and stands at almost the same level as the Radeon HD 4870 . While the Radeon HD 5750 performance gets about 8% - 20% lower than 5770. makes sense to choose the 5770 rather than the HD 4870 or GTX 260, but the future is always difficult to predict. In addition we are considering the very low power consumption and low noise that are in any case preferable to the two competitors. The fact that the Radeon HD 5770 are good in terms of power consumption as it would had expected, but unfortunately this is not true for the volume. Our map shows here that the fan was not especially quiet in idle mode. The significantly weaker cooler of the HD 5770 will be compensated by some here seem more speed. In addition, our fans seemed not to run the card completely around. We will check shortly by another card. The bottom line is the Radeon HD 5770 is a very successful card. The price is currently compared to the Radeon HD 4870/4890 or GeForce GTX 260 still a bit high, if only the performance in mind. very low power consumption, DisplayPort, HDMI and two DVI ports for up to three monitors, then it quickly becomes clear what is the future-proof card on ATI side, the HD 4850/70 will soon become obsolete. This package has NVIDIA currently set to receive nothing, and apparently not in the foreseeable time. Only if you want in very specific areas, the maximum performance for your money, or gimmicks such as PhysX or 3D glasses will draw you to the GeForce GTX 260. But with the performance of the GTX260 can somehow convince not so pretty. Since even the considerably more expensive GTX would serve 275th The Radeon HD 5770 also has the advantage that it requires only one PCI Express connector, so just for upgraders with a weaker power supply is highly interesting.

Re: Need suggestion for Graphic card upgrade for Overclocked Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

ASUS Radeon HD 6770 will be better for you , its DirectCU Silent based on AMD's older Juniper GPU,. It runs like all current graphics chips of the two major manufacturers in the 40-nm process at TSMC and the band has entertained around 1.04 billion transistors. A total of 800 stream processors are used to organize in 20 SIMD units, are respectively connected to a texture cluster with four TMUs. This provides the small 3D accelerator only 40 texture units. When memory expansion is familiar in a fast GDDR5 chips, which provide 1024 MB. A total of eight 128-Mbyte chip is shared by two 64-bit controller, making the 128-bit memory interface in the balance throws. At each of the two memory controllers also is a ROP partition, consisting of eight grid connected power amplifiers. The AMD Radeon HD 6770 that has 16 ROPs. At the speeds AMD goes for several generations and requires a high level for it Juniper XT chip at least 850 1200 MHz, respectively. To make life a little easier and cool the graphics card and without noisy fans to be able, when it reduced the ASUS DirectCU-silent version was slightly down, and this is with 850/1000 MHz. cooling system consisting of a dual-slot cooler is used, but an elaborate heatpipe design with numerous aluminum fins. the memory bandwidth is 400 MHz due to the slower-clocked video memory decreases to 64.0 GB / sec. Since the GPU frequency is 850 MHz with the same, however, the pixel fill rate is used to in high. it is still at 13.6 gigapixel per second. AMD Radeon HD 6770 , powerful enough to even current DirectX 11 games at decent quality settings smoothly to bring to the screen. In order to still be on the safe side, some producers castrate their models in order to ensure even on hot summer days can provide sufficient cooling.

I this for you nVidia GeForce GTX 550 will be the best it most successful in the market, in terms of volumes. Developed with 192 cores and a memory bus 128-bit GeForce GTS 450 was introduced to the market to go to provide a solution for gamers who cannot afford to spend large sums. Among the main innovations leaps the memory bus, brought from 128 to 192 bits: an increase in necessary in order to increase the bandwidth and improve the overall performance of the graphics card. Changes in transistor for improving the energy efficiency. The optimizations have given way to significantly increase the frequency of operation: GeForce GTX 550 this is when you work at a frequency of 900 MHz, nearly 120 MHz faster than the GTS 450, with stream processors that have clock frequency equal to double to 1,800 MHz. providing outstanding performance and energy consumption with an exponential improvement of a 70% increase in the bandwidth of memory and an incredible ability to return once you use the SLI.

I would like to recommend you to wait a little bit for the 78xx cards that will be arriving soon and the 6xx card will as coming , when thy will be on the market then the price will be down because of the competition . and anytime son with the rebate 560ti can be had about $200 which is a actually will be good price. As the Nvidia is trying to sell all the stocks before 6xx release. Well to the exten that I know the ADM has already been reduce the supply of the 6xxx cards as they are not that much of the value now . well for the gamming card you should set the budget up to $175 at the lower end . if it s me that most that I can spend will be something around $250-300 tops and still I will be able to run about 120 FPS . it is hard to justify to consider the cost on top of the line cards not for one monitor. That just my opinion

I have found nvidia geforce gtx 560 2gb . The performance is excellent. Metro2033 with highest quality settings at 1920x1200 runs absolutely smoothly, and the Uningine Heaven Bechmark now looks very good. card noise is extremely better, the next was also a reason to buy DirectX11. In desktop mode as well as not audible at full load is very moderate, without maddening buzz. Despite the slight cooling of the temperature rise under full load, longer than 75 ° .. With the above resolution, which probably no amateur gamers with 24-inch limit, the card is highly recommended. A larger monster with whom I also heated the room would have been waste of money. this card is equipped with Nvidia graphics processor Fermi GF 114 based on the 40nm production process, with a frequency of 820 MHz. The GPU GF 114 has 384 CUDA cores operating at 1640 MHz. The 560 Afox You also can manage up to 2 GB of GDDR5 video memory at the rated frequency of 4000Mhz (1000 Mhz clock), with 256-bit interface and a bandwidth of 128 GB / s. The VGA supports Microsoft DirectX 11 and the latest technologies such as Nvidia and PhisiX 3Dvision, it needs to be used to monitor with Nvidia 3D support and kit 3Dvision. the card uses the PCI Express 2.0 and that operation requires two auxiliary power connectors 6 pin. I expect it is enough for 1080p skyrim maximum settings.

I have The graphics card models Radeon HD 5770 which is the new middle class of the DirectX 11 accelerators from AMD . Here are the two graphics cards, especially through a good value for money and of course a particularly convincing performance appealing, they have to deal with the old high-end models of the last generation in the form of the Radeon HD 4870 and HD 4890 measure. Sound of the features of both the HD 5750 and the Radeon HD 5770 promising to provide them with DirectX 11, Eyefinity, good working PowerPlay and many other features much more than the Radeon HD 48x0 cards will still only show the test of whether the high expectations can be met. AMD offers mass graphics accelerator quite compelling values at least are theoretically on a par with the Radeon HD 4870, which is just a small note though manufactured in 55 nm, but comes in a die size of 256mm ². While the Radeon HD reaches 5770 1360 GFlop / s, a pixel fill rate of 13,600 Mpix / s at the theoretical performance values of the chip slightly better results than the outgoing Radeon HD 4870, with the memory bandwidth, but the usual shortcoming of the mainstream cards with the Radeon HD 5770, and has to deal with 76.8 GB / s to 115.2 GB / s defeat. Also of interest are specified by AMD TDP specifications of the Radeon HD 5770, the map moves with 108 watts significantly lower than the Radeon HD 4870 with its 157 watts and 80 watts under full HD 5870. including OpenGL 3.2 support DirectX 11, Eyefinity, CrossFireX, the new anti-aliasing mode and a working PowerPlay SSAA that the clock as with all models of the Radeon HD 5000-series in idle mode to 157 MHz chip and 300 MHz memory speed decreases. In addition, the voltage of the RV840 of 1.125 V to 0.950 V is lowered, making the models to maintain current savers. Also on the port side, there is no variation within the Radeon HD 5000-series, which is to be understood not necessarily negative, with 2x DVI, HDMI and a DisplayPort.

Well the fact that I can afford the 560 non ti 2 gb but I could afford more though , but I think it will make no sense to get the 560ti 2gb for 50 Euros more. Does any one know how much it will make difference between the ti and non ti. It has the 33 % price increase . well it might be the get you longer out till the next update with the TI but that I am not sure . perhaps people here with the experience can tell you something about this. But the big news is that I have already got the MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II. Actually I like the fairly silent cooler so that I don’t repeat the same mistake that I have made with the 9600 gt from p.o.v. noisy as hell