Thread: Need suggestion for cooling VGA memory

Need suggestion for cooling VGA memory

All the other things work really well with the system and also the temperature for the VGA memory is marginal at best with the heavy load. I got really a great help with the case fan but I would like to optimize the last area of issue. I have tested the temperature at the stress testing and that comes in the 60C range with the case fan running. I think that this temperature is high and I wish to lower his also. So if you are having some tips/suggestion for me then please post that over here. I will be thankful for all the replies for this. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: Need suggestion for cooling VGA memory

Can you tell that what card you using for the stress testing VGA cards. I found that the GPU temp for the VGA card can simply hit the mid 90's on air but I am not able to find the acceptable range to be considered for the VGA card's memory modules. If this is giving you 60 degree temperature then it looks like there is less threatening. My suggestion to you is to check for the heat-sinks and also see that if there is proper airflow or not. This looks like you are using the universal GPU devoid of the adequate VRM as well as the memory module cooling. If this is the case then I would like to tell you that this is very common with the universals and this is because it becomes very difficult to acquire the heat-sinks to stick with the ideal circumstances. There are some of them who are making use of the double-sided heat-sink tape by 3M and a few of them are having the bit of superglue. This could be conductive and so you must be very careful with that.

I think that the 60°C is not very bad and it looks like you are having the heat-sink to card covered, it will be good for you if you can get the best air-flow if you wish to tackle the heat-sinks. Just check for the temperature when you are playing the games. I am using the Swiftech universal. My GPU is cool but not to that extend without a good airflow. Currently I am using the GeForce GTX 280 along with the universal as well as the high air-flow within the Cooler Master HAF 932 case. This is normal that we worry about the heat-sinks falling off and this is for the reason that they mostly fall off. This is not just you who is facing this problem, there are many of the other users with the same problem as I can see that there are many threads with the same title as "How do I keep the heat-sinks on?".

Apart from getting the larger case, it will be good for you if you can simply put a side panel with cut hole as well as mount one fan which will help in blowing the GPUs. All the tubing is actually bad to use for the airflow within the small case. The 60 degree that you are getting in your case is really not very serious case. If you want then you can also try to modify the ramsinks. They must be having the some of that thermal pad material within them. It is sometimes also possible that the ramsinks make the full contact with the VRAM and that can transfer the heat. So it will be better for you if you can make use of some better thermal pasting and that can solve the problem for you. I have faced this problem earlier and I did the thermal pasting again and that solves my problem. You can also do the same and see if it does the same for you. If this fails in some case then please reply us back and we will try to get some alternate solution for you. Thank you.

My suggestion to you is to make use of Zalman coolers RHS1 and I am quite sure that it will be helpful to you to get the issue resolved. With the Zalman coolers RHS1 VGA RAM, the memory chips on video cards can not only be effectively cool but also visually appealing. This is ideal for use on motherboard chipsets for RAM cooling.
    • Dimensions: 13 x 13 x 13mm (LxWxH) or 13 x 13 x 6 mm (LxWxH)
    • Weight: 2.9g or 1.2g

It's a little guide to glue the heatsinks and was itself provided you are already at the bottom with an adhesive film. The heatsinks are similar to double-sided adhesive tape stuck on. Dissolve a protective strip from the adhesive layer and then simply glue the heatsinks on the memory chips. With the Zalman cooler heatsinks are probably always fit perfectly, but with cooler from another manufacturer, I can well imagine that the heat sinks can be used. In particular, if the cooler lies almost flat on the graphics card. The heat sinks are draining the heat from the memory chip and better distribution. The target audience are likely OCER. It also has a great cooling performance, or any effect I do not confirm, because I do not read the temperature of the memory chips. The heatsinks are not too hot when you feel with your hand. For someone who does not want Ocen its graphics card are the things completely unnecessary. Bottom line: If you would like overclocking its graphics card are the things maybe a little sense, but otherwise totally unnecessary. I would not suggest the purchase.