Thread: GeForce 425M does not switch in 3Dmark on ASUS N53JF notebook

GeForce 425M does not switch in 3Dmark on ASUS N53JF notebook

Hello friends, I am having GeForce 425M graphics card and also Intel HD3000. I was try to switching in 3DMark then it is not appearing to do switching it. When I am checking it out at 3DMark results then I was only getting display as Intel HD 3000. It is not only just 3DMark which is showing me to average of 5 FPS. Really not knowing that what is wrong with Optimus of this card and when it will be working then it should be much higher than 5 FPS. So is there any method that I can switch card on my notebook, please do tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: GeForce 425M does not switch in 3Dmark on ASUS N53JF notebook

It is been problem with Nvidia card on Asus notebook, I have also tried Optimus function on my Asus U41JF and having Nvidia Geforce 425M. I do not think that it will working with it. If also I try to run with graphics processor Nvidia in other programs such as windows media player or any other browser then it is giving same problem which you are getting in 3DMark. There is only one program which works properly with Internet Explore. I really not know that what is reason of it and why only IE is able to use Nvidia when opening with graphics processor Nvidia or watching HD video. I also think that Optimus is not at all worth.

I would like to tell that it depends on which 3DMark version you are using it. There are plenty of method to check that GPU is been used on an Optimus equipped laptop or not. If you wanted to check that a specific program is using NVIDIA graphics then I would suggest that you better try out some methods to check. First you open the Nvidia control panel, once you have opened it then select view tab which is there at top and make sure that each of three item are been selected. Even I would suggest that you better go to 'Manage 3D settings' which is a part of control panel and check that settings over there are proper, but preferred graphics processor as 'Auto'. After doing all this settings then you open a program which you believe that it will be using Nvidia Graphics card. But you will be able to get NVIDIA GPU activity at notification area. If you are trying to run any game then you minimize game and check it out. If it using Nvidia GPU then in that icon it will be showing one program is running. When you will be clicking on icon then it will be showing some other options which will be telling that which program it is and what it is about. Even there are some other programs which also use Nvidia graphics card, other programs is EVGA Precision or MSI Afterburner.

If then also any program or game is not using graphics card then you can setup a custom profile in NVIDIA control panel to make sure that it works for you or check that it using any of option which you have enabled with help of above users. If you have selected the 'Add 'Run' with Graphics Processor to Context Menu' option then it will be allowing you to do right-click an executable or program and due to which you can make it force to run with a particular GPU. If not getting success in that then I would suggest that open NVIDIA control panel and change preferred graphics processor to high performance Nvidia processor. If would like to tell that if you are rebuilding your laptop then it is necessary to have Intel graphics drivers when you are trying to install the NVIDIA card on to it and also would like to suggest to have NVIDIA drivers from laptop vendor so that when you will be trying it then it should be working properly and also check that it is having a compatible version from Nvidia website.