Thread: Cannot install and Activate Nvidia 3D Vision with Optimus Technology

Cannot install and Activate Nvidia 3D Vision with Optimus Technology

Few days ago I have purchased the Clevo W150HR laptop with nVidia Optimus Technology and it comes with nVidia GT555m. the Optimus working fine and I really like the option to enable and disable the gt555m and also ignoring integrated graphics. The problem is only with the 3D Vision, it is not working at all. 3D vision is the only reason I had to choose nVidia cards. I know that my PC supports 3D Vision. I have heard problems with Optimus and 3D Vision but I thought that it has fixed. The laptop specs are as follows:
    • Intel HD Graphics and nVidia Geforce gt555m.
    • Sandy Bridge processor
    • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
    • 3D-Vision IR emitter
    • 3D Vision enabled Acer Screen, connected by HDMI (and for tests VGA)
    • Driver versions: 260.99, 270.76, 275.23

Re: Cannot install and Activate Nvidia 3D Vision with Optimus Technology

I note that I tried the first time with the drivers already installed the desktop, the second time updating (and, in this case, not even installed the drivers for 3D) and the third time following the manual instructions (uninstalling the drivers are already present and installing those on the DVD). Instead of installing the drivers for 3D comes out this answer (that I know teasing because before I asked the older drivers and then I recommend installing the latest). Graphics driver and USB drivers have to match; sure you go there if you are using the same versions, and the easiest way is to use the drivers from the CD from the Internet.

The Nvidia optimus technology used to switch between multiple graphics cards to conserve energy. Your sandy bridge CPU has an integrated graphics (pgi) and you have the dedicated graphics card from nvidia. Now if the driver used by the 3d looking graphics solution and it is the Intel IGP of active I can imagine that he refuses to work, found because no compatible graphics card from nvidia was. Perhaps you can switch this off or disable the automatic igp from Intel, so the geforce is active and the 3d driver found. if you want to have 3d you need anyway, and since the IGP performance can then remain off immediately.

Nvidia 3D and Optimus do not work on a single system. This is due to the solution of Optimus that the signal actually comes from the Intel processor and the graphics card is only for computing designed to function of complex scenes. It is a hardware-sided limitation. There are only a few laptops where it is otherwise resolved. And 120Hz with the display is also true, as the Intel chip that cannot play, it does not work. Nvidia had already released a new Verde WHQL 257.21 driver which should provide a solution. Whether it does what it promises will probably still show up. Currently I have no confirmation message on the network can locate.

So on Google you can find enough programs that allow 3D vision cyan to red. Must not necessarily be the standard rubbish from nvidia. And if you should really manage the Nvidia install drivers, you're still standing black against the problem with the red / because this vision center only those "super cool award-covered 3d glasses" and supports this you would need at least a 100Hz monitor, If you have any degree of random. I think that dual mode does not exist in the laptop graphics card drivers. It exists only in the right desktop versions of the cards and desktop 3D Vision drivers. On laptops, you can rely on my knowledge, only the iZ3D drivers and similar third-party developer, and I can recommend the iZ3D only!

NVIDIA 3D Vision is a technology that combines stereoscopic glasses, an infrared emitter and a software specially designed to deliver content in three dimensions in displays and projectors compatible with the platform. The system starts from known base years, the stereoscopical , which is to generate a slightly different image to each eye, simulating the real vision and inducing the brain to create three-dimensional feel. It is fair to the quality of development of NVIDIA and continuous effort to improve the drivers. The price barrier (if we add the purchase of a special monitor) by the almost total absence of advertising are two major handicaps for the deployment of a platform that is not being sufficiently supported by content providers, aware of the small niche market to which it is addressed. You must have a 120 hz monitor and 3d vision must be ready to support the nvidia 3d.