Thread: Which is best AMD Radeon HD 6970 or EVGA Geforce GTX 570 Superclocked

Which is best AMD Radeon HD 6970 or EVGA Geforce GTX 570 Superclocked

Hi guys
    I am thinking to update my machine , so far all is good but I am confused with the selection of the graphic card . well I first decide to go for the XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eye the finity but my friend suggested me the EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card. Well I have done few research of my own and got to know that nVidia looks little under that he ADM although the ADM has few bad review that I read , so is there anyone here help me on selecting the either one of the both I will be really appreciating that

Thanks in advance

Re: Which is best AMD Radeon HD 6970 or EVGA Geforce GTX 570 Superclocked

Well the EVGA Geforce GTX 570 Superclocked was designed to be more effective to take advantage of the power of multicore processors core today, and be compatible with the complex techniques of shading and texture. Result: 3D animations smoother and more realistic graphics and more nuanced than ever. In addition Microsoft has implemented a tessellation that allows for pre-rendered scene in real time high quality. The tessellation of surfaces allows to add a 3D object to make it more detailed and offer more rounded curves. Well it has the PhysX and CUDA technologies that is PhysX is a physics engine to create a real-time rendering and collision complex physical processes such as explosions and falling debris. Developed from the ground by the AGEIA engine done for many years one of the spearheads of NVIDIA in terms of immersion videogame. And CUDA technology (CUDA: Compute Unified Device Architecture) aims to allow the use of the incredible processing power of GeForce GTX 570 to perform general calculations usually performed by the central processor. Thanks to its optimized architecture for parallel computations, the GeForce GTX 570 is a true computer unit.

Yeah that right and it has immersive 3D Vision as well . After films like Avatar we can say that stereoscopic 3D is making a huge comeback to the stage. Thanks to NVIDIA you will not be just a spectator, because 3D Vision you can find the stereoscopic vision in your favorite video games. Pair your GeForce GTX 570 to a pair of 3D Vision glasses and a 120Hz screen natively compatible (recognizable by the logo screen "NVIDIA 3D Vision-Ready") to immerse yourself in action and discover the characters and environments come to life in the screen. You can also watch 3D movies and digital photos for a dazzling and interactive experience. EVGA GTX 570 .Especially overclocked version. You really feel the difference in games (especially those using DirectX10) compared to my old (gtx 275). No games that are with bit limited fps , I cannot run over 25 fps in some place busy with the settings to max (direct x 11 and Resolution 1920 * 1080)> it must come from the games I think Otherwise no problem for any other (f1, 2010 Battlefield bad company 2, call of duty black ops, Aion, Risen, Metro 2033 ... etc.). In short, if this level packaging is very neat but I regret the absence of great HDMI cable to connect it to my screen. Note that they have thought about the people who do not have cable 6 pin pci-express on their power supply and put one adapter The card need 2x 6pin to power.

the GeForce GTX 570 in total is upper-class graphics card than the Radeon HD 6970th Since the very practical help such as Overclockers functions Powertune for stable power supply or not the backup bios because you are the vast majority of players will not care. The 2.0 GB video memory bring into practice anything anyway, unless you run the card in Eyefinity mode with at least three monitors. But still you go wrong with the Radeon HD 6970 nothing as long as you do not have too sensitive ears or primarily play with a headset. The Radeon HD 6970 will be from the relevant manufacturers available now. The best way to access directly if you plan a new purchase, before the demand exceeds the offer again. Especially as a cheaper but just as fast as 1.0-gigabyte version for the Radeon HD 6950 still is not on the agenda of AMD.

NVIDIA The GeForce GTX 570 is based on the GF110 chip with 480 CUDA cores and 48 texture units. The EVGA GeForce GPU GTX570 runs at a core frequency of 732 MHz and a frequency of 1464 MHz shader Thanks to the 950 MHz GDDR5 memory (data transfer rate of 3800 MHz) model reaches a cash flow up to 152 GB / s. The GTX 570 offers high performance at low power consumption. Above all is greatly enhanced consumption in Idle mode compared to older versions Fermi (GTX 470). In addition, the GeForce GTX 570 supports DirectX 11, Open GL 4.1, 32x CSAA (Coverage Sampling Anti-Aliasing) and multiple monitors also in 3D mode (NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround). .The graphics chipset is the best series gtx5XX. Just this card on a 24 inch 3D, Extreme graphics crysis 2 on without touching anything.It must be having a fast and powerful processor.

EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked HD of course still on NVIDIA GF110 chip. This is, like all other current chipsets from the manufacturer and, in 40-nm manufacturing process at TSMC from the tape. He accommodates just under 3.0 billion transistors, but must in comparison to the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 to give a streaming multiprocessor. This is no longer available, the full 512 shader units available, but only 480 arithmetic units. Each of the 15 SMs consists of 32 shader processors and a quad-TMU together. This provides the now third-fastest NVIDIA graphics card 60 texture units. The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 is still brought on 64 units. As one of the six 64-bit controllers had to fall victim to the cutbacks, decreased the number of grid amplifiers of former 48 now 40 ROPs. The rest of the memory controller to control each of two 128 MB chips, making a total of 1280MB of GDDR5 video memory, which can communicate via data lines 320 is ready. Compared to single-GPU flagship, the clock speeds were slightly corrected downwards. EVGA turned in his Superclock Edition, however, a little screw on the clock and allows its GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked HD does not work with 732/1646/1900 MHz, but with 797/1594/1950 MHz.

THe HD 6970 really does what other cards are intended to do: beat the competition offering similar systems. This series of Radeon HD graphics cards, AMD is the solution for 3D gaming and multimedia desktops, and represents the next level of HDMI 1.4a and DisplayPort 1.2 solutions for stereoscopic 3D with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory. XFX also offers other versions with improved liquid cooling solutions and overclocked card editions, tailored to the specific needs of each player. No matter which version you choose, XFX makes sure you can draw your weapon first. Gaming on three screens is an experience in itself. The combination of more powerful video cards becoming increasingly cheaper to monitor ensures that more people are an AMD or nVidia Surround Gaming Eyefinity set can afford. But what exactly did you need? With what minimum budget you have such a setup with sufficient performance drop? And what performance can you expect modern AMD and nVidia video cards once they have three HD displays are driving? Hardware.Info searched it out!

The EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked HD I s good . While the slightly higher clock speeds of 797/1594/1950 MHz provided for slightly higher frame rates in each game I have played , but also the power consumption under load is slightly overstated upward, was the built-in fan under full load, controlled ride. Even if this was compared to the first revision of NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 shortened significantly and slimmed down here and there, he does a great service - at idle with 38.3 dB , it is hardly heard in the closed test system and also in the game it is operating with 42.2 dB quieter than the reference. Only during our overclocking , it was 44.3 dB a little too loud. With 815/1630/2177 MHz was not too much out of the 480 shader units of the GF110 GPU and 1280 MB of GDDR5 video memory. The EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked HD is a very reasonable idea, but we lacked some key factor as well compare to the AMD Radeon HD 6970 quieter under load, but warmer than the reference, not the overclocking test convincingly. the card with the usual advantages of the GTX 570 boasts generation. The GF110 chip has thus more than 480 CUDA cores to perform more calculations simultaneously. The 40-nm GPU, while 1,280 MB memory set aside, which is connected via a wide 320-bit interface. As the latest model DirectX11 graphics features are fully supported and speeded up. In addition to a particularly powerful Tessellation calculation PhysX provides for the acceleration of physics effects.

Positive aspects of the EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked HD:

• Quieter than our reference
    • Greater connectivity

Negative aspects of the EVGA GeForce GTX 570 Superclocked HD :

• Slightly warmer and power hungry
    • Poor overclocking potential

The Radeon HD 6970 is the successor to the Radeon HD 5870 to be the fastest Radeon graphics card with a graphics processor. Unlike the middle-class board Radeon HD 6870 and Radeon HD 6850 is based, the Radeon HD 6970 as the less expensive Radeon HD 6950 is not on the Barts-chip, but on the new Cayman block beyond the improvements far beyond the more gentle changes. The Radeon HD 6970 with 1,536 all uses shader units of the Cayman chips, due to the conversion of the internal organization of the figures are not readily with the 1,600-shader processors compared to the Radeon HD 5870 (and even less with the 512 units of the GTX 580 ). Compared to the Radeon HD 5870, AMD was able to increase the chip clock only slightly from 850 to 880 MHz. Manage the approximately 260 € cheaper Radeon HD 6950 has with 22 instead of 24 shader units, so it has 1408 instead of 1436 arithmetic units, and the chip clock is 800 MHz. AMD has also revised the Tesselator, so the unit in the corresponding DirectX 11 tests, such as HAWX 2 dynamically regulates the polygon level. While AMD was the first with DirectX 11 hardware on the market, but only one integrated Tesselator in the HD 5870, so that the GeForce GTX 480 had its seven Tesselatoren in extreme cases such as the Unigine Heaven benchmark is an easy game

As far as I am concern the AMD's Radeon HD plays the 6900-series from their potential only with antialiasing enabled. At least in 4x mode, we do not see it: With an average of 61.8 to 67.7 fps loses again against the Radeon HD 6970 GeForce GTX 480, GeForce GTX 570 creates unattainable 71.4 frames per second. Only in the extremely rare 30-inch 2560x1600 resolution, the Radeon HD 6970 catch up to the GTX 480th The Nvidia card but sooner or later disappear from the range - the direct competitor is the GTX 570, Even with eight times the smoothing changes the power structure does not: The Radeon HD 6970 follows its competition with a respectful distance by 10 percent, only in 2560x1600 it is just as fast. Overall, we measured 54.4 fps and 58.9 fps for HD 6970 570th for the GTX The higher resolution and antialiasing level, the better the Radeon HD 6970 is compared to the GTX 570 because, without them, however, to overtake or even hang out.