Thread: Old dell graphic card not compatible with ASUS P7P55 LX motherboard

Old dell graphic card not compatible with ASUS P7P55 LX motherboard

Hi guys

I need help here. I have just bought the new ASUS P7P55 LX motherboard and that old dell pc graphic card I s not compatible with that mother board , now that card is ATI Radeon X600 Pro 128 MB PCI-Express Video Card, I was just wondering if the pci-express graphic card will be workable on this mother board because I start the PC the screen of the monitor just stay black . is there anyone here can help me on this as I looked every where but was not able to find any solution on this issue can, is it that this card is not supported by this motherboard . I will be glad to know or should I get another graphic card which I really don’t want to.

Thank in advance

Re: Old dell graphic card not compatible with ASUS P7P55 LX motherboard

Well I am really finding it hard to believe that the card is not working as far as I go that card should work because in the worst case scenario it might be needed the 6-pin PCIe connector and that can be adapted by the 2 common molex plugs that is in the Y. I think that you have wrong in fo about the GPU , I am guessing that it might be the Radeon X600 SE graphic card which was very common in the older Dell Desktop . the X600Pro well be of same size but has the will have a bigger heatsink. Well I melf have the both set of graphic card form my older dell desktop to use for power draw baseline tests, and like to tell you that it just work fine in anything I've put them in. Either way that card should have worked in any pc that has the PCIe x16-sized slot. The PCIe is a standard and all dell computer has that . there may be some other reason that you have getting this black screen problem in your pc . can you confirm does that card that you are talking about was working on the pc that it was installed in , I mean your old dell PC, if possible try other card may be that could help you in some extent to know if the card that you are have is working or not

Thanks for the reply I really appreciated this but I know about the card that you are talking about and like to tell you that the card that I am having is a bit bigger that the card that you are talking about , it has the DIV and the VGA output , look kind of similar. Aslo that card was working perfectly fine with my older dell desktop, I never had any problem with that , was working just fine it just this motherboard that was creating the problem with the card and that is the only card that I have used on the motherboard I don’t have any other card to test but if possible I will definitely take a look on it . by the way some on e had suggested me the ATI Radeon HD 5770 and that will work on this mobo but I don’t have any clue how that card would be can some on give me some information on that card as well .Thanks again

The HD 5770, this card has a GPU built in 40nm which boasts a frequency of 850MHz, with 1GB of video memory that is set to 1200MHz. The computing power of the HD 5770 is estimated at 1.36 teraflops, which are possible with its 800 stream processors. In terms of consumption, according to information provided by AMD, the small GPU equipped on the HD 5770 consumes a maximum load and only 108W at 18W at rest, due to the decreased frequency of the GPU and memory, in order to save every last watt of energy. Mended as to use multiple monitors, the new little sister of the HD 5870, can use up to three monitors set to 2560 × 1600 pixels, not bad considering that its predecessor could handle HD 4770 only two monitors at once. The ATI Radeon HD 5770 Single Slot despite being very thin account heat sink with a unique design that includes a surface "heatpipe" 15% higher than the dual slot HD 5770, and combined with the open space of the single slot ensures maximum airflow to the GPU.

I like to tell you that mine is both low profile so that why they are little bit smaller . the 600pro is very common and full sized card so that is what you have I guess , perhaps you already knew that the only reason that I am thinking that you have this black screen problem I s may be because of that the monitor may have set to the VGA input instead of the of DVI or may be the cable that you are using is may be not correct , can you make out that the card is fully seated on the slot , or the board may be just pick in reference to the card in the first PCIe slot , try another PCI slots may be that work , it’s worth a shot

Thanks again guys I really glad about the information that you people had given , I did tried already what you said here , the stuff like the monitor being set to VGA input other than the DVI input or what not I tried with both VGA and DVI output in the two separate screens and the I forced it to make use of the input settings . I can see that the card is fully seated on the motherboard slot . and I also tried the pcie slots on the board even that does not help guess I have to get this ATI Radeon HD 5770 .

Don’t know what wrong but the ATI Radeon HD 5770 is the good option I have this card and its Energy Monitor 3000 by Voltcraft that provides relatively accurate values. Here, the entire system at no monitor. The actual consumption of the graphics card is therefore at a significantly lower level. To read the chip temperature, i take GPU-Z . It must be absolutely the latest version of the tool can be used as the Radeon HD 5770 is recognized only in version 0.3.7. The temperature is in each case once again in idle and under load using FurMark 1.7.0 measured the room temperature is a constant 22 ° C. For the energy measurement of the idle state, the CNQ function of the CPU is disabled in order to determine the exact usage of the graphics card. To measure consumption of the card under load, we can again use FurMark, the card because it saturates. That all said did you check the PSU is supportable .

Thanks guys for all the trouble that you got form me and I am really sorry about this but it turns out that the motherboard was faulty , I was at the vender asking the ATI Radeon HD 5770 , and he tested the mobo and we found out that the mobo was not working. Well now that my motherboard was replaced everything is working smoothly now , thanks once again for the help