Thread: PNY GeForce GT 430 is freezing the system

PNY GeForce GT 430 is freezing the system

I have recently installed a new PNY GeForce GT 430 in my Compaq Presario SR1000, I have bought it mainly for playing games but then I don’t know that the system is getting freeze when I am playing world of Warcraft, the system just becomes unresponsive at that time and the only solution that helps Is forcing the system to shutdown, in the start I thought that it is an issue with the game but then when I tested the same with some other latest games then I got the same response from them, I also wanted to add that my system is having AMD XP3000 processor, so can that be an issues?? I have tried updating the drivers and I am using new PSU capable for the card as well but then they does not seems to be making any difference, is there anything I can try out to get rid of this issue??

Re: PNY GeForce GT 430 is freezing the system

I am facing the same issue after updating to a gainward GT430 1Gb from a old GT220 and I was able to install it without any issues, I had just followed the basic process for the same that was removing the GT220 drivers and removing the old card from the board and then installing the GT430 an d then installing the 285.62 Nvidia drivers for it but then after the installation process when I started using the system then it was running in to freezing problems, I am not facing freezing issue just with the game but then it is freezing even with the basic tasks, I have asked the same question in other forums as well but then there most of the people suggested me to test all the previous old nvidia drivers to get the one that will work well with the GT430 GPU but then I am really not willing to try out the same, I am having 550W power supply which works great and I don’t think that there might be any issues with the same, I think that there is something wrong with the card, it seems as if the card is not compatible with the board and so, I am really regretting on my decision of getting the gainward GT430 1Gb, if anyone finds out a workaround to solve out the freezing issues cause by it then please post it here, it will be highly appreciated.

I have found a no of people having issues with the GeForce GT 430 but then in most of the cases the issue was solved after updating the driver or changing the psu but then as you both have mentioned that you have tried out updating the driver for the card I will like to know the exact model and brand of your PSU, I really don’t think that a 550W will be great if it is from a low end brand, I have found the GT 430's to be working well for a no of people but then if you both think that there is nothing wrong with the psu and updating the driver is not making any difference then you are probably having a bad GPU, if you want then you can try out using the same card in some other system and check out what response you are getting there, if the issue exist then better go for an replacement.

I am having a Gigabyte Super B (550W) anyways now after a lot of trouble shooting I have finally found the cause of the issue in my case and it was that the gigabyte motherboard "DES" utility was enabled but then now after disabling it the freezing issue has disappeared, I was having it enabled previously with the GT220 but then I never had faced such issues with it, I think that GT430 is less tolerant as far as the electricity consumption and fluctuations is concerned, anyways I am happy that I have solved out the issue, otherwise I was thinking of getting an replacement for the same, so if anyone is having similar issues like me just try disabling the gigabyte motherboard "DES" utility. I really have a preference for nvidia GPU as I have been using then since a long time, whenever I need a new graphic card I first check out what's new at nVidia products before checking out any other site and I mostly get their product, I was cursing the card until the issue was there but then I am really glad to get it working fine now.