Thread: Best Graphics Card suited for 250 watt PSU

Best Graphics Card suited for 250 watt PSU

Hi guys , I have the HP Pavilion a4310f Desktop PC , really an nice builds that I have ever saw , but here I would like to know what will be best Graphic card suited for this computer , also like to know what is the capacity of this PC as reference to the game . this pc has the 250 watt PSU that will creating the problem to some extent . I have no idea how much I be able to upgrade but by the looks of this its seem it will not work fine with the high profile card . it has the one PCIE x16 slot. Well I don’t need the 1080p, 60 FPS gaming, all I need the card that could able to run some game like the The Witcher 2 or Skyrim on the low or the medium setting without AA and all . I can most likely go for $250-300 dollars

Thanks

Re: Best Graphics Card suited for 250 watt PSU

Well I like to suggest the XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card, its more specifically the version from XFX, for about 150 €

The Specifications
    1. Based on the AMD Radeon HD6870 chip
    2. 1GB of GDDR5 graphics memory
    3. Support for Microsoft DirectX 11
    4. Support for AMD Eyefinity
    5. Support for AMD CrossFireX

The key to a gaming video card is that you can play them properly. To test performance I used benchmarks of 4: Furmark's 3DMark06, Furmark's 3DMark Vantage, 3DMark11 and Furmark's Unigine's Heaven benchmark. All benchmarks are of course standard setting turned. I also have some personal experience with some games, I am very pleased with the card. It has an excellent price / performance ratio and makes little noise, this means you are not obliged to put on a headset while gaming. By good heatsink the card will not heat .

Yeah that is correct and XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB Dual Fan list of games I've tried . Battlefield 3I play the game itself is no longer, because I found it rather disappointing but that's not the performance of this map. In Battlefield 3 I could at 1680x1050 the game run smoothly on High settings and everything else at max I had little trouble with frame drops so the card performed very well here. Saints Row: The Third great game if you ask me. Now I know that Saints Row game is not too heavy (even on DirectX 11) but I put him in between. The card could do everything on maximum settings at 1680x1050. So here again great result! And the Assassins Creed: Revelations Also a great game, which tells the story of Ezio. This game is graphically slightly heavier as its predecessor in my opinion, but here the card performs fantastic. Great performing card, good for the resolution that I tweak and nice price. the card is fast enough in my opinion. However, if you search on the internet you soon find that the AMD Radeon HD 6870 chip overclock fine. I think that this model should be good, the card is not hot and not make much noise.

That great but also NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 will fit to you The architecture developed by NVIDIA, dedicated to high-end market and support for DirectX 11 API, has proved itself capable of ensuring performance worthy of note, however, revealing problems of energy efficiency and temperature operation. GeForce GTX 460 are available in versions with 768 or 1024 Mbytes of video memory, which correspond to the amplitudes of 192 and 256bit memory bus. The clock frequency is identical, as indeed also the type of the modules; the different bus influences the overall bandwidth, which in the version 1 Gbyte is greater than 33%. It also reduces the size of L2 cache integrated into the GPU, which rose from 512 Kbytes to 384 Kbytes; in GF100 is equal to 768 Kbytes. Hope this help

Guys thanks for the reply but I like to know one other thing do you people here think the CPU of HP Pavilion a4310f Desktop PC may be bottle neck anything . I am asking this because it is a lower end CPU and I don’t have any idea on this but will certainly like to know about this. Now I know most of the game made now a days is GPU intensive but it will be nice to know about this

Well it may be sometime will bottle necked with the card like the 6870 perhaps. But not that much to bother you , well the CPU that you have is still pretty good 3GHz Dual core, no matter even if it will be the lower end model . I think that card like the Radeon 6850 will less likely to be bottle neck, although if that will be correct than check out the Radeon HD 7770 as it is newer although the drive is still bit uncertain but will be okay with most of the game and that will even run under the lower power consumption . only issue is the price of this product which is $150-160 USD at present.

Like to tell you should get the SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity nad the Antec EarthWatts Green EA-430D Green 430W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS 12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply with the AMD Athlon II X3 460 Rana 3.4GHz Socket AM3 95W Triple-Core Desktop Processor ADX460WFGMBOX and all his going to cost you around 300$. Which is a proper upgrade on the whole to what you have at the present, CPU has one additional Core, plus runs a bit quicker per core for every cores, GPU is still a decent lower end Mid range card, above adequate for what your wanting.

Will like to suggest the Radeon HD 7770 which measures a length of 21cm and it should fit without problems in any enclosure. To lie there, according to AMD, the typical power consumption at around 80 watts, is the graphics card with an additional 6-pin power plug. The PCB is not covered on the back of a backplate and has a close look almost "Spartan" feature. The dual-slot cooling system is AMD typically covered with a black plastic cover. The cooler is to here from quite simple, since it merely consists of an aluminum block, which is equipped with circularly arranged fins for heat dissipation. A vapor-Cham, copper radiator or heat pipes are not needed here. When AMD fan is a 75mm axial fan, which is placed centrally over the GPU and blows directly on the aluminum block. Is a dual-BIOS switch like with the big HD 7900 cards are not the Radeon HD 7700 series. Will best suit to you

Normally i would like to tell oyu that the Radeon HD 7770 for this worth vary, however since its still solely running 128-bit memory, and therefore the 6850 is running 256-bit memory, the latter ought to facilitate a lot of with Anti Aliasing. i do know you said that wasn't one thing that was required, however cards during this vary are ready to run with some level of AA on with good frame rates, particularly if your running below 1080p. Witcher two from what I hear will be a true awful of a game to run on hardware, the initial was pretty unforgiving on hardware, however the sequel is meant to be pretty demanding on higher settings. And if your like several people, once you begin taking part in the games at some lower settings, you'll be wanting to check how high you'll go and sacrifice frame rates to check the attractive scenery in these games. the CPU upgrade would facilitate reduce any bottleneck within the system with the GPU, and it ought to allow you to run games like Skyrim a lot of higher since some areas of that game will lag alittle with lower performance CPU's. sometimes space with giant amounts of AI interactions and therefore the like.