Thread: Eye stress (burn) while watching LCD, LED screens

Eye stress (burn) while watching LCD, LED screens

Hi guys

I have the CRT monitor with 120hz resolution and never had any issue with that , I was able to see that all day trough without any stress but just recently I bought this new LED screen,TN panel,5 ms and that too very expensive and see that hurt my eyes and I get the headache , I can see that my eye become red , I tried waching two other LCD screen as well but that also has the same effect . is there anyone here has the same issue that I am having , and does there any means to solve this issue , I will be glad to kwon .

Re: Eye stress (burn) while watching LCD, LED screens

That really odd I am not sure that if this is doing to work but I like to tell you that you better try the IPS or led screens with the 120hz, hope that may solve the eye irritation that you having or there are some glares that available in the market that are specially made to reduce the stress on the eye while working on the computer , that may come handy for you

I also have the same issue with me as well on the LCD monitors. What I do is reduce the brightness level on it and that on most was improve the condition , but I don’t understand I also have the 40" led TV and I have no problem on viewing that maybe increased viewing distance may not cause the stress on the eyes .

Was suffering with the same issue with my led lcd screens and that really very irritating but then after I setting the brightness up to max got rid of the flicker and that was causing me headaches. Also like to know if you are wearing any kind of glasses when looking at the LCD. I have seen that ii I wear the glasses and see the monitor , I get that symptoms you talking about and after I remove the glasses and see LCD's all day without any problem. Other thing that you can do is try glasses from Gunnar Optics.

I suggest you get the ccfl lcd. hertz is nothing to do with it, the fact that the LCD wont flicker like the CRT. It is may be because of the bluish white that the led backlights create that is troubling you. The CCFL lcd's have has more of yellowish white. Also try to turn down the brightness, many display are set very high. Mine is 3008wfp and it was set at 0 (zero) brightness right at present. 100 burn the eyes

I have the two monitor LED TN & CCFL PVA. The LED trouble me a lot, make my eye burn if the brightness is kept high , the factory setting has very high brightness . just lower it down that will help you . certainly help me on this issue .

Thanks guys for the reply but I tried all that you are suggested here but nothing is helping me . the monitor has stopped the flickering but that don’t help me as well . I don’t wear glasses and I tried the ccfl lcs screens and that as well has the same effect . Increased viewing distance did not assist. Is there something that assist me on this I will be really appreciate this

I like ti tell you that the Brightness on some fo the LCDs on ZERO, is way too higher than any old CRT when maximum

That was the biggest adjustment for at the time I bought the LCD

perhaps it´s caused by PWM-flickering. PWM (pulse width modulation) is employed for dimming the backlight. as a result of LEDs react terribly quickly this system will cause flickering. Some folks will see it and some not.

• Open a application with white background like the Note Pad
    • flip down backlight to nearly 50 percent
    • Move your hand rapidly (like waving) ahead of the monitor (with unfold fingers).

If you'll be able to observe a stroboscope result similar to in disco then that means that backlight of the monitor is flickering
    if your fingers appear to be blurry then that means that there is no flickering