Thread: How can I get a 2d/3d surround gaming display

How can I get a 2d/3d surround gaming display

I and my friend are trying to get surround game display on our existing 3 monitors. We are planing to build up an new system to get a full 2D/3D surround game play. What we do not want to change is the monitors. I have a existing Asus Gtx 680 gpu with me. Other than my friend system has Asus Maximum Formula board with Intel Core i7 and 4GB ram support. We can fixed the 3 monitors on the same and found that all images are not common. They differ in two monitor while the first give give the exact resolution that I had configured. How to enable 2D surround for better gaming experience. If I go for a another system for me then which one will you recommend. Thanks.

Re: How can I get a 2d/3d surround gaming display

There are certain conditions to enable a 2D/3D surround. It is not just you can have it on any type of monitors. I will need to know the specs of this 3 monitors. What resolution maximum then support and other things like refresh rate. It is necessary that the monitors which are used must be of common resolution and refresh rate. Any changes in the size of specification can cause failure of 2D surround. Nvidia provides you easy settings for the same. And if you are not able to work on that then the only thing you can try is configuring custom resolution on each and every monitor manually. There is no other way to get this work. Right-now I am not aware of any third party software which can do this. It usually relies on the maximum gpu resolution your graphic card support. You can start with a basic troubleshooting tips which is updating the driver of gpu and then working with the settings of 2d surround.

Try to setup your displays on 1080p and then check back. I think instead of extending if you can try limiting your resolution your all monitors might respond properly.

What I think that your monitors failed to match the parameters of 2d surround because of which you are not getting what you are trying to get. If your all 3 monitors are different brands and sizes then it will more tougher to get a equal surround gaming display on the same. Surround offers you to have a common display output on each and every monitor. This is only possible of everything is of common specification. It does not really matter what brand you use. It is necessary that they should be similar in size and specifications.

What device are you using to hookup all three monitors. Is it a display port or you had connected all the monitor to the gpu. If to the gpu then go on Nvidia Control Center. You can download this and try out. I can easily enable surround from this. I am not sure about other brands.

I am also trying to do something similar here. Now there are two things in front of me. First I need a common display on all three monitors I have which is only possible by 2D surround. Second once I had done with the gaming I want all three screens to have different screens size. For this I have to go a bit complicated way. Like getting two gpus in my system . Both will be connected via sli so that the bios can detect both. I had connected the first 2 monitors to the first gpu and second one to the another one. I had activated sli and and set the resolution. I had checked before that all the monitors must have common specification to enable 2D surround and it worked.

It is found the Surround mostly work with sli array better. If the screens are configure properly between the graphic cards on sli array it become possible to make the surround work while gaming. It is very important to have a look on the gpu and monitors you are using.

This can be done with the help of dvi/hdmi switch. You can find that on web easily. A hdmi switch is a kind of display adapter use to hook up multiple monitor and get onscreen display. So at start you can connect the first two monitor on the sli array and another monitor on second card. In this way you can configure sli to make on the first output. The second output will be the regular one. Here you get easier option to get independent screen work. But that might disable sli. While gaming you can enable surround on sli array. The process is a bit complicated but work really.

Best thing go for new stuff. Today you can have Nvidia's 3D surround technology. Just have a look on the specs of the card and instructions. On existing the best thing I will recommend is stick with two monitors.