Thread: Where can I get Nvidia geforce GTX 680?

Where can I get Nvidia geforce GTX 680?

Is there anyone who can help me out in buying Nvidia’s GTX 600 series. I am in very much need of buying a geforce GTX 680 card for my system, but now the issue is that till now I haven’t heard any news of GTX 680 release. So therefore my question is, should I assume that still there is more time for the this card to come up in the market?

Seems like the marketing and promotion of 2012 cards are being too weak, any further helpful information from anyone?

Re: Where can I get Nvidia geforce GTX 680?

Hey I am also waiting up for the same requirement. I would definitely wait for the new card to come up no matter how much time they take. Till that moment of time I would finish my work with the replacement of motherboard and processor.
    Head that the 600 series is going to be soon out within a month as there have been news that EVGA are supposed to have the demo at the PDXLan at some of the places. They are also supposed to run a Physx demo of the newly introduced game from Gearbox Software.

At this current stage I would not at all trust these upcoming cards no matter from which brand they belong to. All of them now a days showing up the same behavior, if I am not mistaken you would surely realize the same thing which I noticed in some of the below mentioned cards:
    • If you check, the current video cards are not even able to fill up the 2.0 PCI-E x16 slot's bandwidth
    • Also if you see the current AMD 7970 release is hardly able to beat the 580 in any of the factor, not even including amongst the performance.
    • And lastly the GTX 680 which is the latest talk is going to trump any current release video card so therefore if planning to go for anything other than this then it would be really helpless for you.

I would really like to comment over here on Nvidia. I guess the 680 card has not yet been released. For your kind information first of all let me tell you that the current graphic card which I own was purchased some 3 years ago and I am still very much happy and satisfy with its performance.

There are certain facts and information that I need to know about the Nvidia’s plans. I am really not at all sure whether when they are going to come up with the new release as the last time I heard about nvidia being failed was at the end of 2011. Its really very much annoying to know that they are still sitting idle with no such real news or information.

I would only say that if you are really willing to wait for nvidia 600 series card or if you are a great fan of 600 series then better wait for its official release date and do not go with any rumors or fake details.
    I would suggest you to stay calm and have patients until and unless the 600 series makes its debut with complete specifications and technical details come up in front of the public. I know you would be really disgusted with certain information of this card, but let me tell you that those information are not the real fact and there is no truth in that as those comments are not made by the nvidia official people.

I would like to comment on your few of the points:
    • If you check, the current video cards are not even able to fill up the 2.0 PCI-E x16 slot's bandwidth
    • Also if you see the current AMD 7970 release is hardly able to beat the 580 in any of the factor, not even including amongst the performance.
    • And lastly the GTX 680 which is the latest talk is going to trump any current release video card so therefore if planning to go for anything other than this then it would be really helpless for you.
    for you knowledge let me tell you that I am totally aware of the bandwidth but my system’s current tech has 3.0
    and regarding the AMD 7970 and GTX 580 I would only say that I am neither interested in buying 7970 nor in 580 so therefore those information doesn’t matter for me and for the third thing I would only say that I really do not feel that GTX 680 exist anywhere.
    Also there are some of the people who say that GTX 680 doesn’t even exist

What I am planning to do is to change my 3 way 580 with 3 ways 680. Currently I do have a 3 way GTX 580 which gives me the best performance and ftp with Battlefield 3, therefore I would love to test it with 3 way GTX 680 but before that I would really like to see some real world benchmarks for them, I really do want to run the battlefield 3 in nvidia environment.

Definitely 680 is going to be released. The main reason for the delay for the southern islands 7970 and the GTX 680 was due to some plant issue that is to do with the latest and the smaller micron tech for the newer GPUs which was unavoidable.

And the reason AMD successfully released was quite simple because the southern islands is much less of the steps in the new directly as in between kepler and Fermi.

ATI has already come up with their four video card until now, but still the GTX 680 is nowhere in the release picture. Heard that the 680 is going to give performance boast of 25-45% in the games with the currently available and running hardware. And for this reason I would surely wait for another 2 to 3 months for this card to release and come up in the market.

But If you cant then surely you need to follow my suggestion. You can visit ebay, yeah I am talking about ebay the online shopping site. Over there you can simply get 580 cards, go for 2 580s for some $700 and use till if you can wait anymore for the 680 card.