Thread: Need help in turning on Subtitles in Apple TV2

Need help in turning on Subtitles in Apple TV2

I need help on this guys how do I turn on the subtitle on the Apple TV . now the language is set to the English and the subtitle is set to English . I also turn on the close Caption option. This problem is that I have one movie that is in HD format but when I play that movie it don’t play the subtitle, I have even tried to turn close caption on and off but that is not helping as well . movie is latest . is there any one here can help me on this I will be really glad to know that

Thanks

Re: Need help in turning on Subtitles in Apple TV2

There are so many movies that is available without the subtitle. well you have to check the movie , does it has the CC logo when you have purchase to rented the movie

As far as I know subtitles works in the newest 0.7.1RC1 release . though the size of the text is actually large plus can't be altered. But that is took care of in the Plex Media Server

Have a same issue with Subtitles on my ATV2G. I have did all thing that is possible on my PMS pc to obtain English subs on JUST the foreign parts however it's moreover every parts or no parts in any way. I have tried all option in the preferences menu plus even downloading English subs. There is no option that can solve this issue on my Apple TV 2G to repair this and I did latest updates on my computer plus on my ATV. help ?

Well I ve the Apple TV2 and a computer with Windows 7 on it plus the Plex Media Server for the PC version . I was looking the movie yesterday , which I have set in SRT subtitles on for the non-English parts and I like to tell you that it is working okay in XBMC and on my computer , however the subtitles is not display on ATV2 and there's no method to exchange subtitles on through the remote... can anyone help ?

Hey can you tell me that did you tried the technique of holding the centre key on the apple TV remote at the same time as you watching the movie. Doing that will bring up the subtitle menu and by that you will be able to turn on the subtitle

Like to tell you all that I am using the SUBLER, it does a very good job in the majority of time , but ultimately it fail, don't familiar with why this may have happened , the font is very small... With SUBLER you can modify the font size plus it works approximately all time

Well like to tell you I had the same issue and I am in the end able to turn it on and off subtitle for the itunes as well as Netflix movies too. though, this just came about at the time I as well set my "closed caption" on top of the subtitles & language.