Thread: PC Crashing randomly with Geforce GTX 680

PC Crashing randomly with Geforce GTX 680

I have installed GTX 680 and 310.10 drivers in my new computer. The problem system completely crashes. Whenever I try video playback and play games, it crashes randomly. My system specs are as follows:
    • ASUS rampage IV motherboard
    • 16GB DDR3 ram
    • Intel 520 SSD
    • Coolermaster H80 cooling
    • Coolermaster 1050X PSU
    • Intel i7 3930 processor
    • Nvidia GTX 680.

Re: PC Crashing randomly with Geforce GTX 680

Crashes occurred when testing the Zotac GeForce GTX 680. This is likely to be correct with a driver update. However, we need to dispense with the benchmarks in this game, because we cannot be sure whether any misstatement by the false results. This is not likely, but not be ruled out.

I think that the issue is due to the problem with clock rate. The GeForce GTX 680 from Zotac has a "base clock" of 1006 MHz and a "clock" of 1058 MHz "boost." The memory is addressed as 1502 MHz. This corresponds to the standard of this graphics card. In desktop mode, or at no load, the clock speeds are reduced as strong as usual, to reduce power consumption and heat generation. With the GTX 680 are 324/162 MHz for GPU and memory, which is located above the Radeon HD 7000 series, run their cards in desktop operating mostly with 300/150 MHz.

There is already a Trouble ahead for users with motherboards with Intel x79 chipset and video card GeForce GTX 680. The latest leaked information, there seems to be some incompatibility with the PCI Express 3.0. In particular, the new proposal seems NVIDIA does not natively support the new generation PCI Express 3.0 motherboards equipped only with the x79 chipset.

The problem seems to be related to video drivers are not perfectly compatible with the new GeForce GTX 680, NVIDIA has even released a few days ago a first version compatible with the new proposal Kepler. At the moment, therefore, the card will only work in PCI Express 2.0 mode with, of course, a lowering of performance. We just have to wait for more details from NVIDIA and Intel.

The drivers installed are those present on the installation CD or download it directly from nvidia?

Have you uninstalled previous graphics card drivers?

After the drivers are uninstalled, you did reboot?

In any case it could be a compatibility problem with the pcie3.0 which is also blocked by the drivers.

It seems that NVIDIA decided not to integrate support for Gen 3.0 X79/SNB-E systems in the last minute, but the reason is unknown. After all, it's very strange that the stable version of GeForce 301.10 lacks this functionality although the pre-launch drivers could run the board into the mode X79/SNB-E Gen 3.0 systems without problems.

The driver disk that shipped with the card, with the prerelease version, it does work, and it would be a good idea not to download the latest version until you know for sure if NVIDIA plans to do something about this problem.

It seems me to me that your system configuration is not compatible with that Graphics card.

What version of BIOS version you are using?

Did you install the latest version of BIOS?

Some newer Graphics card are only get compatible when the motherboard running the latest BIOS.

Hi. I recently bought this GTX 680 to put in my custom built rig thinking I could play all the games that I have been waiting to play so long but the experience so far has been very unpleasant with the GPU. It crashes every so often. I am tired of talking to the hardware company guys as they keep on repeating the same thing. It’s as if I am listening to a pre-recorded message set by the company for people who have been tricked into buying their products and can be neglected now. My PSU is quite sufficient for the entire setup. It’s a 1 kW PSU from seasonic. Can anybody help me with problem. It’s a shame spending so much money for nothing.

The system is fairly new and the PSU is adequate enough to power 2 680s probably. I don’t see any other problems other than the driver misbehaving with hardware. Try to uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Being new doesn’t necessarily mean that you would get a good product. Could be that the GPU was defective from the factory. If the reinstallation of the drivers doesn’t work your best bet would be to RMA the product.

To be honest, you are not the first guy I have seen complaining about this card. Apparently this card has received mixed reviews and is being generally hated by users who bought it. Why do nvidia rollout architecture that they are not sure with in terms of performance. This is exactly why I like AMD. They deliver on their promises and they stick to a steady schedule of releases.

Before sending it to RMA, you need to check if the cabling you’ve done is correct. You mentioned that this is a custom built system so my first guess would be a loose auxiliary connection to the graphics card from the PSU. Reseat the connectors firmly on the GPU. This usually happens when one of the connectors is loose, which means that the GPU gets only half the power which is okay for light use. But as you turn to gaming the card needs to get to its full potential but with the lack of power it fails and the system crashes. I think this should fix the problem. Keep us posted. Okay.