Thread: Cannot play Battlefield 3 with ATI Radeon HD 4870 (x2)

Cannot play Battlefield 3 with ATI Radeon HD 4870 (x2)

Hello friends, I am getting two problem with this card, it is been going on around and I am not able to solve it, having latest drivers and CAP 4. Is there any solution, personal experience of yours or any idea about it then please does tell me about it. My first problem is that there is mouse lag/non-responsive most of time or say it frequently. It hardly holds for 3-5 seconds and it keeps on happening every 2 minutes or so on. Actually game does not follow with a delay but it even ignore during time and it nothing like v-synch mouse delay. Second problem which I am facing is that non-native resolution will not scale up, whereas I have enable GPU scaling in CCC. If you people are thinking, then 30-70 FPS constantly fluctuating such that it stick at 40 and 65. Rest of setting are been set to low. Even also it stuttering, it is been different to the mouse. Having 1920 resolution otherwise blackboxed on screen. There is something which is telling me that it should run it better. So please tell me about it. Thank you.

Re: Cannot play Battlefield 3 with ATI Radeon HD 4870 (x2)

I think that it should be run much faster than it is running. I have also came near to this issue, once I have uninstall CAP 3 then it is been better, but then also getting unresponsiveness from time to time with some random FPS drop.

I believe that they might be doing it, most likely DICE will fix their problem or it wills that AMD will be putting one more CAP. Other than that we just pray for it. Games are having huge memory misplacement, such that it is taking 4 to 6 GB of virtual memory on Hard disk and also it is not taking enough of memory from RAM, even though it is free.

Let me tell you all that AMD not at all implemented GPU Scaling for Direct X 10 and Direct X 11 games, it is been working in DX9 games. If that is scene then Crysis 1 as well as 2, Battlefield 3, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 that in Direct X 10 or 11 mode, will not scale because you have select in CCC if resolution is non-native. I think that AMD must address something about it. And for the 4870 x2, you must run Medium settings, for the reason that High/Ultra pushes VRAM handling ahead of 1 GB, due to which it cause major stuttering in spite of FPS. Crossfire scaling may be bad as of right now, but the best thing you can try is the latest leaked drivers and perhaps CAP 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Daler Mehndi View Post
    Hello friends, I am getting two problem with this card, it is been going on around and I am not able to solve it, having latest drivers and CAP 4. Is there any solution, personal experience of yours or any idea about it then please does tell me about it. My first problem is that there is mouse lag/non-responsive most of time or say it frequently. It hardly holds for 3-5 seconds and it keeps on happening every 2 minutes or so on. Actually game does not follow with a delay but it even ignore during time and it nothing like v-synch mouse delay. Second problem which I am facing is that non-native resolution will not scale up, whereas I have enable GPU scaling in CCC. If you people are thinking, then 30-70 FPS constantly fluctuating such that it stick at 40 and 65. Rest of setting are been set to low. Even also it stuttering, it is been different to the mouse. Having 1920 resolution otherwise blackboxed on screen. There is something which is telling me that it should run it better. So please tell me about it. Thank you.
    I am also having a 4870x2 running battlefield before, I would suggest that you better go through some method. First you clean AMD driver installation, if CAP 3 was wrecked and it appears that CAP 4 did not install properly. After that close all Monitoring software which are been running in the background. Then keep an eye on VRAM, on the 4870x2 you will have to set most options to high and also disable MSAA. Such that Medium settings is been best, with a number of ultra and a number of high settings you will stay below 1 GB VRAM, it will be running beautifully on the 4870x2 though. Just give a try it.

Even I am also having the same problem with 4870x2 in spite of trying all the methods with the latest drivers and CAPs. At present I am running 11.10 and CAP4. Performance is really bad on this card; even if I turn the whole thing down FPS then also lingers in 25 to 60 ranges. I believe as someone has told about it, at this point we need to wait and expect that AMD/ATI get together and then there might be some solution for it. The load balancing of the GPUs interchange among GPUs, where one holds the whole load and other is basically idle, and after that they reverse.

I would like to tell you that there were problem with drivers, and game does need patching for sure but it is been there in game which is working really great from day one for everyone, but it is not correct, it is not at all working proper. Whereas mine is been running proper if I disable crossfire and 4780 series is very much enough to run the game. Battlefield 3 is limited by CPU you have not really the video card.

Quote Originally Posted by KumaraVel View Post
    I would like to tell you that there were problem with drivers, and game does need patching for sure but it is been there in game which is working really great from day one for everyone, but it is not correct, it is not at all working proper. Whereas mine is been running proper if I disable crossfire and 4780 series is very much enough to run the game. Battlefield 3 is limited by CPU you have not really the video card.
    Whatever you are saying is not at correct. If you check Benchmark of game then it will show it is heavily GPU bound. Even if I disable Catalyst AI then also getting same performance or might be litter better then it. I am not at all gaining performance by decreasing the settings either which is really irritating. I think that only setting which appears to work is just enabling MSAA.

My 4870s in crossfire encounter the definite same situation portrayed previously. Since i boot up b3 without alt-tabbing (Crossfire off) i get unquestionably no stutter, actually flatter fps. Whenever I alt-tab and initiate crossfire i get preferred fps but the stuttering is vast! In the close of the second mission in fight mode in particular, the amusement will truly delay for about 2-3 secs. Attempted it with crossfire off....no stutter! It is NOT a vram confinement, its a crossfire bug with the aforementioned cards. i have attempted all routines of uninstall/cleaning, old caps/no tops and so on... nothing eases it altogether. Attempted it from Flat to ULTRA.same stutter, same issues..