Thread: Advice needed to play Freeview HD on a Graphics card

Advice needed to play Freeview HD on a Graphics card

hello guys, I think that this is suitable forum to sort out queries and as I am having issues with my graphics card needed advice regarding the same. I in recent times purchased a new system and its configurations are quad core 3.6ghz with 4gb ram and an extra Hauppauge 2210 tv card, it only has an onboard graphics card so clearly this will not be able to play freeview hd, mkv's or else even avi's superbly.So i require some suggestion on what sort of graphics card to install, it at present has a 350 watt power supply, i would favor not to improve but i will if it will be helpful, as well have one piece x16 as well as 2 pci slots free.I'm running windows 7 OS and media center appears to have everything which I required. I will not be able to game on it so the card actually only has to be able to play freeview hd as well as 1080p mkvs perfectly.hope you got the issue and I suppose that you will give appropriate solution regarding this case. thanks .

Re: Advice needed to play Freeview HD on a Graphics card

I understood your situation and would like to suggest you that any small video card will play Freeview in this recent days. I lately got an ATI HD5450 which I think was very cheap and I got it from Amazon and it plays incredibly well.and if you are interested in this thing you will be able to solve your issue.

So I tried with your solution but it sis not tend to wok in any case. I also want to inquire further whether half decent graphics card would get the job done ? as well as the is the 350 watt power supply adequate nor not. additionally is it right that the fan-less cards are additionally more prone to overheating? though i'm not too bothered regarding the sound of a fan in fact.

I need to tell you that anything entry level from Nvidia or else ATI will do. If you make sure the vendor/manufactuers website for any model you are considering it should waffle on regarding hardware HD decoding. Your present integrated video chipset will not be able to support HD decoding, and it’s quite long in the tooth. Nvidia hasn't created a chipset for the AMD platform in a long instance.

I have some information regarding this topic and state further, and if you do a comparison, the HD3000 builtin in my desktop will barely tend to play Freeview|HD. It will tend to play Freeview|HD well. The latest HD5450 card on my desktop plays it in an improved way , but it's no high end card. And make sure you always have the most recent drivers installed, apart from of which card you decide to purchase. Download those from the manufacturer's web site, as the drivers in those CDs with cards are approximately for all time older stuff.