Thread: showing only Internet, Computers and Settings as options on apple tv

showing only Internet, Computers and Settings as options on apple tv

as I was wondering which TV to make a buy for and after some recent study , it came to my notice that apple tv would be the best option to consider and after some days I made a buy for the apple tv and I was quite satisfied with the working, but recently it came to me that my apple tv is showing only Internet, Computers, and Settings as options. Are you guys knowing or have some idea regarding where the Television and Movies are gone. I want my MLB and Netflix! And I don’t have idea regarding it, but are you guys having some proper solution in this case. thanks.

Re: showing only Internet, Computers and Settings as options on apple tv

The first solution which I would like to give to all you guys who are having similar issues is that it would be a network issue. and to sole this , you need to make some attempts for rebooting the device first, and then possibly the router too.

As I could find some solution but it did not resolved me in anyways and to start with , I am also having a similar issue. and at times it will show itunes along with netflix, but when I attempt to access them, it will return to the similar screen you described. I dint had any solutions up till now. Can you give some further explanations to solve this issue completely.

As said before, it is dam sure that it could be solved by rebooting the device as it has been said that this would be a network issue. and I will definitely say that you need to first attempt rebooting first. And if the case is somewhat different as if you are on wifi , I would further suggest you that you should make some attempts with Ethernet to rule out interference. Also make sure that you make some changes in the network settings as it might solve the issue.

I also had the similar issue and as I searched a lot in my case and found some working solution which is like this one. So , to fix this one , I made some updating of my time zone from Cupertino to Vancouver along with reselected my language. But I am not sure of the fact that which of those two were liable for restoring my AppleTV main menu. But anyways if the first one does not tend to work you have the second option.

According to me, I suppose that this issue is not at all hard or tricky and all you need to do is as I just made those same two fixes and helped me a lot . All it shows for me as options are "Computers" as well as "Settings". And after making some changes in the location along with language did the job. And for doing this and this change was taken place when I made some up gradation to the latest 5.0 (4099) software. And all was well solved. To add further , if you are not working well with tshi solution as my friend was also having same issue , I would add his solution to increase the probability of getting it solved. So he just disconnected the ethernet connection and set it up wirelessly and it worked. He has now plugged the Ethernet cable back in and it's still running. And there are no issues till now.

I have some issues in my case and need to discuss about the same. I had the loss of Internet after updating to 5.0.And in my case, only Computers and Settings are available. I made some attempts through Ethernet cable, manual settings of the IP addresses etc. but there was no result found . and I am still having only Computers and settings. It communicates with internet for Home sharing and so on. All it does is making sure about the network through ATV . and I have some issues with my "internet " option as it not tending to be visible. I have not changed a few settings in the wifi router when it was happening. The same ATV was working with all three alternatives previous to update. will the update do any modifications to WIFI Router in blocking DNS and so on? So can you suggest me some means in this case.

I'm also having the similar issue. The ATV3 has been working very well but I'm only tending to observe Computer and Settings, even with it connected by means of Ethernet. I've run the network test several times and it isn't coming back with any issues . I've made some attempts for the possible solutions which are posted thus far, and nothing has worked well in may case.

It was at last solved . the reason behind this thing was blocking iTunes by means of OpenDNS at my router so it was not able to see the store and it gave me an User error. So , I need to say that you require to check to make sure you aren't blocking that category of content by means of your router and in addition , I will also tell you that the OpenDNS can do this without you realizing it.