Thread: Samsung P2470 HD TV switch to 24hz when I try to launch Crysis in DX10

Samsung P2470 HD TV switch to 24hz when I try to launch Crysis in DX10

I have a Samsung P2470 HD TV which I bought two weeks ago especially for gaming purpose. Till now whichever games I tried all of them worked perfectly at 1920 1080p 60hz but seems like there is some issue with the TV when I play Crysis.

The problem is that whenever I try to launch Crysis in DX10 I have noticed that my Samsung P2470 HD TV automatically switches to 24hz. Can anyone let me how can I fix this issue?

Re: Samsung P2470 HD TV switch to 24hz when I try to launch Crysis in DX10

There are certain possible ways from which I guess you can somehow able sort out the problem.
    • First of all try to update the driver
    • Then if possible use GPU Scaling
    • You can also try to create a custom resolution with 60Hz eliminating 24hz

The first and foremost thing you need to do is to try making a profile for crysis using the desktop properties of Catalyst and then try to set the resolution as per your will and requirement. Once done with setting the resolution launches the profile.

Make sure that you set to launch Crysis in the application of the profile when you try to activate the crysis profile.

I too have the same problem and trust me I am running out of ideas whereas other people are literally confusing me with their suggestions. Day by day as much as suggestion are provided to me I gets more confused.

Can anyone let me know what exactly can cause when I try to switch between 60Fps and 30Fps in some of the games like Crysis, JC2 and ect. As far as I am concerned, not sure with the amount but it surely drops to unplayable 30fps when some near big scenes are to be rendered. In your case may I know what the monitor cause when you try to run in 1080i?

Till now the only suggestion which according to me seems to be bit sensible is to try out windows 7 registry editing, will definitely try it out.

Till now the only suggestion which according to me seems to be bit sensible is to try out windows 7 registry editing, will definitely try it out.
    You are right, not just it’s a sensible suggestion in fact it actually works. for the proper solution you need to first run the Regedit:
    1. Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChange
    2. Once you are inside it, check out the values
    3. And if the value is 1, simply change it to 0.
    This should definitely eliminate all the 24hz related issue. you should probably not even find any error with Crysis 24hz at 1080p bug. I was also having the issue with crysis and Crysis Warhead, but this registry solution worked and fixed the resolution issue.

Can anyone let me know what exactly can cause when I try to switch between 60Fps and 30Fps in some of the games like Crysis, JC2 and ect. As far as I am concerned, not sure with the amount but it surely drops to unplayable 30fps when some near big scenes are to be rendered. In your case may I know what the monitor cause when you try to run in 1080i?
    Yeah indeed it occurred with me too, I encountered the issue with jc2 max setting and vsync on, it use to get lock at 30Fps. And therefore I was forced to turn off Vsync in order to get 50Fps and above it. I even made a profile as suggested above but that really didn’t help me out and if suppose I untick full screen in the game menu, I use to get 60hz. Now I would go for the registry fix as suggested above and let’s see how it helps me out, looks like this would surely do bring some positive changes. Hope for the best.

Just one question, will this registry method affect the PC monitors too or its just for the HD TV?

Just one question, will this registry method affect the PC monitors too or its just for the HD TV?
    You need not have to worry; the method does affect PC monitors. You won’t believe, one of my friends was supposed to use that registry fix after each and every Windows 7 format in order to just stop it capping the FPS in Crysis and Warhead.

Anyways currently the latest fix I found is to simply switch to 50hz in windows and then start the game. Once started exit the game and now switch to 60hz this will definitely fix your issue, this trick actually did worked for me.

If anyone facing the same issue with their 1080p TV via HDMI please Follow the below steps, and let me know the result:
    • Go to Catalyst
    • Set 1080p at 60Hz, apply
    • Click on any resolution
    • Get back to 1080p resolution

During this point, the 60Hz will not stick which means that if everytime the resolution is reset no matter to which resolution, the refresh rate drops to either 50Hz or 24Hz. This thing depends upon what so ever catalyst has been decided to set up for your monitor in the first place.

This actually causes the problem with almost all the game like Blur, the refresh rate drops and the resolution resets at the starting point of the game.

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChange
    This solution didn’t work at all. Can anyone help me out; I also tried the refresh lock from the built in ATI Tray that had one. As already told earlier that I have problem only while launching Crysis, it’s the only game that goes to 24hz the moment I launch it. At the time of launching my HDTV displays a message saying that the monitor has now been switched to 24hz, while all other games are fine. And also I have noticed that it does not happen in small window mode instead it happens with full screen.

There is a simple trick to try out, I am sure it wont fail as I have already made several people to try it and everyone has come up with a positive comment. Definitely even you will like it. What you need to do is to use your keyboard combination of Alt +Enter in the game that’s it. Though several options it cycles until and unless you get a complete proper full screen with 60hz and not 24hz which you really hates I guess.

But other than this there is only one drawback with this trick, you are supposed to follow the step each time you try to play the game and nothing else. Hope you wont mind in trying it again and again whenever you start the game as there is nothing much to do.

In my case this was the only solution which I found was appropriate for me.

Yeah you are right even when I went to the above mentioned path i.e.: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChange, and when I changed the value to “0” nothing helped but then when I used the Refresh Lock software everything worked fine. Yeah till now I personally find Refresh Lock software as the only fix for this issue. use this software to unlock 60Hz at desired resolution.

This issue was actually with the old ATI drivers and 85Hz CRT monitors but now they have come up in new 1080p Panels too.