Thread: need ideas and suggestions on Wells Gardner 9000 series LCD

need ideas and suggestions on Wells Gardner 9000 series LCD

Hey is there anyone who can help me out with complete detailed information and suggestion for the new 9000 series LCD from Wells Gardner. I am planning to get a 26” LCD monitor and what my uncle suggested me is to go for Wells Gardner 26” LCD monitor, but I am completely unaware of its features and functionalities. I am sure there might be many people who must be aware of this LCD and having enough of knowledge to share with me. Please help me out friends.

Re: need ideas and suggestions on Wells Gardner 9000 series LCD

The first thing I would like to mention is that what exactly makes these industrial LCD monitors greater and better than a consumer grade LCD, I mean if you check out both of them you wont find any such big difference then why always the industrial monitors are treated as bigger. If I am considered in your place for a 26” LCD I would better go for a nicely prepared Sony TV instead of that.

Anyways regarding the 9000 series specifications, I can only say that they are very uninformative. Even I am not so well aware about this series as I said I am never interested in these industrial monitors. But anyways I would share certain information which I have:
    • Resolution - LCD Display Supports 1366 x 768 Resolution
    • And it comes for some $450 I guess

There is some doubt which always goes around in my mind. I seriously do not have any idea about how exactly they handle the CGA 15khz modes. Just wanted to ask what this “Accepts 15khz” does when the pixels are set size on an LCD.

Is it that, the images are just reversing scaled, I am sure that 320x240 will be full screened but somehow it would be blocky while viewing. Very much curious about all these things especially from the time Wells Gardner started advertising them.
    I want certain information regarding the 9000 series LCD:
    1. Viewing angles
    2. Resolution
    3. Panel type
    4. Input lag

Below are the necessary and required specifications or you can say information about the 9000 series monitor:
    1. Maximum Resolution: 1366 x 768
    2. Contrast Ratio: 2500:1
    3. Brightness: 500 cd/m2
    4. Response Time: 6.5ms
    5. Viewing Angle: Horizontal/Vertical - 176/176o
    6. Video Interface: Composite CGA/EGA/VGA 10 pin game/15 pin VGA
    7. OSD Video Select: Low/High input

The first thing I would like to mention is that what exactly makes these industrial LCD monitors greater and better than a consumer grade LCD, I mean if you check out both of them you won’t find any such big difference then why always the industrial monitors are treated as bigger. If I am considered in your place for a 26” LCD I would better go for a nicely prepared Sony TV instead of that.
    For your kind information let me tell you that the idea which you placed is quite impossible as the LCD TVs which come under 32 inch are completely different league than that of other higher size LCDs. LCDs which comes under 32” are almost 99% TN panel where as the LCD at 32” and above are made of SPVA or SIPS panels. There are certain bunches of computer screens that are actually having a bigger TV image quality with under 32 inch. And for your knowledge, Wells Gardner anyhow sells TN panel LCDs with a bad quality.

There is some doubt which always goes around in my mind. I seriously do not have any idea about how exactly they handle the CGA 15khz modes. Just wanted to ask what this “Accepts 15khz” does when the pixels are set size on an LCD.
    Is it that, the images are just reverse scaled, I am sure that 320x240 will be full screened but somehow it would be blocky while viewing. Very much curious about all these things especially from the time Wells Gardner started advertising them.
    I do believe the same but somewhere I am sure that the display’s native resolution is scaled by them in the exact same manner as a HD TV scales 480p from the standard defined DVD player to 1080p.

I guess Wells Gardner first de-case the normal monitor and then they charge their customer for extra hours for de-casing and then testing, for CGA resolution, its better that you go off for doing up-scaling on your video card.

But the major issue is that they do not deliver real 4:3 which is more common in CGA resolution. Better you go for a HP LCD classic cab on MAME.

I recently got certain information about Wells Gardner LCD and came to know that their LCDs actually does scales to native resolution and refresh rate. The person from whom I got this information told me that the older boards might probably work well and therefore certain games would look average or maybe some times as good as they look on other CRT monitors but other LCDs according to me still look completely useless and crapy. The cost is no way a big deal, its actually not considered as a factor, at least not for me. But if the real boards look to messed up then surely I am going to get a markvision CRT possibly for the same cost.

Now what I have decided is to go for buying one and then testing it out just to make sure that I would still be able to hook up my PBC’s to it.

I can surely let you know all the necessary details and information about the 9000 series LCD. About the 9000 series Wells Gardner product:
    1. This series LCD offers high resolution and crisp
    2. Vibrant Colors with highly detailed graphics
    3. performs reliably under tough conditions
    4. it has been specially designed to provide the flexibility of the gaming environment
    5. this LCD comes with an A/D scaler controller
    6. high quality scaling for all VESA modes that actually fits the screen and then directly connects to all DVI compliant transmitters
    7. it comes in variety of Sizes

Hey better you check out the other Wells Gardner products other than the one which you are supposed to go for. If you need, I can provide you with the LINK for the Wells Gardner Products from where you can probably get all the required information of the LCD monitor whichever you will be interested in buying.

You can probably make your choice of selection with respect to the size and quality and especially the most discussed thing i.e. price.