Thread: BenQ XL2420T 24" LED backlit monitor for gaming

BenQ XL2420T 24" LED backlit monitor for gaming

BenQ Monitor XL2420T proves once again that "the game is in the details." It has co-developed with professional legends of the game Counter-Strike for the best monitor for gaming FPS (First-Person Shooting or "FPS"). Now it is available to buy on Benq official shop as mentioned here.

The new XL model range has been developed in collaboration with eminent legends of the game along with an innovative manufacturer of professional gaming equipment upscale. This strongly confirms launch of BenQ's commitment in the development of advanced professional instructors, have extraordinary features to help players to go one step further in their performance.

Re: BenQ XL2420T 24" LED backlit monitor for gaming

It seems to me that, it is the second monitor which supports NVIDIA 3D Vision 2-ready with the new NVIDIA 3D LightBoost technology. This monitor with a diagonal of 24 "LED backlight offers a Full HD 1920 x 1080 pixels, a refresh rate of 120 Hz and a brightness boosted allowing it to display images in stereoscopic 3D optimally with Nvidia 3D Vision active shutter glasses 2 (not included). A control unit adapts to the foot of the screen and can be provided with a knob and four large buttons to change display profile on the fly and change the settings of the OSD. Display modes optimized were developed by different professional players deemed to settle easily and at best the different monitor settings depending on the game launched.

The XL2420TX and XL2420T come with remote control switch S, which allows configuration changes to OSD and the various modes. As mentioned, the two monitors support Nvidia 3D Vision 2, but XL2420TX technology goes further and has a built-in IR transmitter and includes a pair of 3D glasses.

It is good to hear that Benq is moved step forward to bring something innovative in the market place and that is especially for game enthusiast. Well, that is an excellent but I don’t get it why it is only concentrated on single FPS game i.e. Counter strike. Why not other FPS games? There are many other famous FPS games. What about them?

BenQ takes time surprising me with more and more interesting devices, despite that bad reputation in its early years as a manufacturer of LCD monitors and pursued it on many situations condemned to stay behind other brands but even with good reputations. This time it bring a display that could well be the fantasy of any "gamer" enthusiastic since it contains LED backlighting and latest technology to provide maximum viewing comfort, while the maximum detail in the image.

The basis of these monitors includes an input panel designed to switch quickly and comfortably between different screen modes, options are also accessible via the OSD interface configuration. In addition, this new series of monitors features smart scaling strategy games, allowing us to modify the visible area and aspect ratio of the image according to our needs in the game. The price is around 380 Euros, not bad for its characteristics.

First, this Full HD monitor with LED backlight is compatible 3D Vision 2. Second, it displays a response time of 2ms and a contrast ratio increasing to 12 000 000:1 (dynamic mode). Third, it benefits from a 120Hz scan mode. And finally, BenQ has incorporated several technologies intended to improve the image quality including:
    • Black Equalizer to enhance the level of detail in dark areas
    • S Switch function to quickly change display modes
    • The Smart Scaling to manually calibrate the screen on different display ratio
    • FPS mode with two variants (one for Counter-Strike 1.6 and one for Counter-Strike Source)
    • Game Mode Loader, an online platform on which are recorded settings
    • Nvidia 3D technology to boost the brightness LightBoost native 3D

The monitor is also adjustable in height.

The 120Hz is just awesome, I will never back down, 60Hz now, I feel that this train ... No input lag, copy flow, really nice picture, ergonomics, and black Equalizer that adds really something in FPS multiplayer ... Besides the handy remote control to navigate menus and make presets, I wonder why no manufacturer had thought of it sooner! It is slightly magnetic on the bottom of the screen, and comes off and attaches easily.