Thread: thermaltake armor+mx case

thermaltake armor+mx case

I have recently installed ZOTAC GeForce GTX 580 and as far as the cooling is concerned I am using thermaltake armor+mx case, I have been using the same from a couple of year and it has been working great, I was using a GTX 280 before getting 580, I used to max out 280 and play game for hours as well without any issues and I expected the same with GTX 580 as well but then I had not overclocked the same and it suddenly heated up and got burnt, I have checked out some forum and have found that there are some people who have overclocked 580 and had not faced any such issue, is there anyone who has faced the same issue??? And has an idea about the same??

Re: thermaltake armor+mx case

Before I suggest you something about the same I just want to know specification of your system so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same, I also wanted to know if you are sure that you have not overclocked 580??? When did it burned out??? Was the system in use for a long time or it happened suddenly??? And as you have mentioned burned out, did it sparked??? Was the fan running? Was there a bit of smoke? What was temperature at that time?? Just answer these few questions so that I can understand you case more clearly and help you further with it.

Re: thermaltake armor+mx case

I had not oevrclocked the 580 and it burned out just after playing sims 3 for half an hour and It suddenly burnt, there was not any smoke but then I was able to smell the burn and I had not checked out the temp at that time, I really did not expected it to burn out so early and that too with normal use, I am willing to send it for the warranty replacement but then I doubt if they will be providing me an replacement for the same as it has burned out.