Thread: Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 SLI is not appearing as ENABLED in NV Configuration Panel

Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 SLI is not appearing as ENABLED in NV Configuration Panel

I am having Quadro FX 4600 in my system and all the GC has got recognized by the Windows and things are working fine and I am not getting any error message as well but then when I am launching Nvidia Configuration Panel then I am not getting the SLI option/menu the only option that is available there is PhysX and It is enabled, I have got the latest nvidia driver for these GC as 197.59 but then I don’t know sli is not appearing in the Nvidia Configuration Panel, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with it??

re: Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 SLI is not appearing as ENABLED in NV Configuration Panel

I am having Quadro FX 4600 in my system and all the GC has got recognized by the Windows and things are working fine and I am not getting any error message as well but then when I am launching Nvidia Configuration Panel then I am not getting the SLI option/menu the only option that is available there is PhysX and It is enabled, I have got the latest nvidia driver for these GC as 197.59 but then I don’t know sli is not appearing in the Nvidia Configuration Panel, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out with it??
    I just want you to post your complete specification of your system so that I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help you with the same as well, just post it here for further help, the other thing I wanted to know that have you bought Quadro FX 4600 for gaming?? Have you checked out to see if the SLI-Bridge is attached?? If not then check out the same and then post back the result that you get for it??? Also let me know the solutions that I you have tried so far so that I don’t suggest you the same as it will be a waste of time.

re: Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 SLI is not appearing as ENABLED in NV Configuration Panel

Yes I have bought it for gaming and I have tried out two models of the same as well, as far as the workaround I have tried is concerned they are as followed:
    • I have updated the Bios to the latest version
    • I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers

But then I don’t know why is it sli is still not getting detected, I have not just bought this card for gaming but then also for CAD as have some CAD softwares as well, is there anything else that I can try out???

I have been facing the same issue with quadro and I think that there is some kind of configuration issue between the windows 7 and the quadro as far as the sli is concerned, I have found a no of people facing the same issue, I have tried out the above method as well, other than this I have tried removing the driver and using regedit for removing all the left outs of the nvidia and then installing the driver for it but then it is just not making any difference, I have read somewhere that only quadro 3800/4800/5800 are SLI compatible where as 4600/5600 are not but then I am not very sure about the same, have you all heard of that???

Re: Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 SLI is not appearing as ENABLED in NV Configuration Panel

Here is my system specification:
    • 2 x Dual Core 2.26GHz
    • Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
    • 8GB RAM
    • One Quadro 4600 and another one is Quadro 3300/4400 [Slot 2 n 4]

Below are the solutions that I have tried so far to get the sli option in the Nvidia Configuration Panel but then I have not yet got any luck:
    • Switching the card in other slots
    • Increasing the power supply to 800
    • Updating the driver version to 258.49
    • Uninstalling and re-installing the driver as well

Is there any other workaround that I can try out hence forth??? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Norsebard Guest

Re: Nvidia Quadro FX 4600 SLI is not appearing as ENABLED in NV Configuration Panel

If I am reading your post correctly, you are trying to SLI a Quadro FX 4600 with a 3300 or 4400. If so, there's your 'it won't SLI problem.

I have 2 Quadro FX 4600's in sli in my Windows 7 system, working like a champ for 3dMaya.
    My Animation Workstation is:
    HP XW 9400, Win 7x64 Ultimate, 16gb ECC DDR2, 4x450gb 15.5K RPM SAS in Raid5, 2xQuadro FX 4600, a PCIEx8 HP Smart Array and an old Protools HD Core PCIX card.