Thread: Getting error message "Could not create folder" while updating Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT driver to 295.73

Getting error message "Could not create folder" while updating Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT driver to 295.73

I have Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT in my system and I have been trying to update it to the 295.73 driver version but then I am getting an error message saying this:
    Could not create folder "C:\Windows\Temp\NVIDIA\ControlPanelInstallerTemp" .
    The device is not ready.

Since I had formatted the Hard Drive recently it is remembered as H and not c anymore but then I don’t know how to create this folder in H drive as it is not pointing to select it during the installation, Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???

Re: Getting error message "Could not create folder" while updating Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT driver to 295.73

In that case you should just Right click the downloaded 295.73 driver and then select the Extract Files and after that select a location for the same and then extract it there one you are done with the same then just navigate to the same folder and then double click on the setup.exe after that you will be allowed to get the installer for the drivers but then during that make sure that you are skipping the automatic extraction to the default C:\ directory and then you should not have any issue further, just check it out and then let me know if you are able to do the same or not, if you get any further error then make a note of the same and then post it here for further help.

Re: Getting error message "Could not create folder" while updating Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT driver to 295.73

I am sorry for not mentioning the workaround that I have tried but then I am aware of the above process and I have done the same and I was able to go through the extraction and running the setup.exe file part but then the error that I have mentioned above is coming between the installation process and I am not getting a way to change the folder location, is there any other way of installing the same????

Ok no worries, just try out installing the same from the device manager, you just have to go in to the device manager and then right click in the current driver and then select the update driver option and then simply select the file by browsing it, I don’t think that there should be any issues with this, just give it a try and then let me know if you have any further queries???

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have done this:
    Device manager>driver>right click>update>browse the file>ok
    I did the same but then I am still getting the same error message:
    Could not create folder "C:\Windows\Temp\NVIDIA\ControlPanelInstallerTemp" .
    The device is not ready.

I just wanted to know that will it be making much difference??? Because this installation is getting on my nerves now.

If you want then you can try out this solution and see if it is helping:
    First unpack the "295.73-desktop-winxp-32bit-english-whql.exe" and then go in to the "Display.Driver" folder and then check out the "nvcplsetupeng.exe" file.
    After that Open the same with "Free Hex Editor Neo"
    Find "Delete="C:\\Windows\\Temp..." and "InstallPath="C:\\Windows\\Temp.." and then change the drive letter to "C:" and then Save the file.
    When you are done with the same then run "setup.exe"