Thread: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 is resulting in to black screen but windows keep running (works fine in safemode)

Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 is resulting in to black screen but windows keep running (works fine in safemode)

I am having Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 in my system and the problem that I have started facing now is that the after "Starting Windows" the screen goes but then it sounds like the window is starting normally and I am not getting the display. Sometimes when the monitor goes in to the standby mode and when I resume back then I get "no DVI signal" message, it is working fine in Safe mode, this makes me feel that there is nothing wrong with the monitor and graphics card, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???

Re: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 is resulting in to black screen but windows keep running (works fine in safemode)

I am having Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 in my system and the problem that I have started facing now is that the after "Starting Windows" the screen goes but then it sounds like the window is starting normally and I am not getting the display. Sometimes when the monitor goes in to the standby mode and when I resume back then I get "no DVI signal" message, it is working fine in Safe mode, this makes me feel that there is nothing wrong with the monitor and graphics card, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it???
    Before I suggest you something about the same just let me know your system specification so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing, have you updated the driver recently or the issue has occurred suddenly?? I mean have you made any recent changes which you doubt might have resulted in to this black screen issue??? You can also try out reinstalling the graphic driver and see if it is making any difference or not, if that does not help then try changing the resolution to 1920 x 1200 and see if that makes any difference.

Re: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 is resulting in to black screen but windows keep running (works fine in safemode)

By now I have tried the below things but then they have not helped:
    • System restore
    • Updating to the Latest Nvidia driver
    • Rollback driver
    • I have done clean installation of the driver as well

Is there anything else that I can try out???

I was facing the same issue with the similar spec after I had started my machine after a long weekend but then later I was able to solve it out by installing new 295.73 driver, just make sure that you are uninstalling the current driver in the safe mode and then install the driver that I have mentioned in the normal mode and see if it is helping you out or not.