Thread: Dell 3007WFP 30-inch LCD Monitor seems to be dead

Dell 3007WFP 30-inch LCD Monitor seems to be dead

I have been using Dell 3007WFP 30-inch LCD Monitor but then now it seems to be dead it is just sitting on the orange standby light, I am still not that sure if it is dead, when I am unhooking signal cable then it is powering up and going through a cycle of different color’s may be it is undergoing self test mode, is there anything that I can try out to confirm if it is working???

Re: Dell 3007WFP 30-inch LCD Monitor seems to be dead

I have been using Dell 3007WFP 30-inch LCD Monitor but then now it seems to be dead it is just sitting on the orange standby light, I am still not that sure if it is dead, when I am unhooking signal cable then it is powering up and going through a cycle of different color’s may be it is undergoing self test mode, is there anything that I can try out to confirm if it is working???
    I think that it is almost dead from the scenario that you have explained anyways if you want to try out another workaround to confirm the same then just hook up it to some other machine and see if it is making any difference if not then it might be dead, if you want then you can try to contact the Dell support and see what they have to say about the same, if you are under warranty then they will help you out with the same, just check it out and then let me know what response you get from them.

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have tried hooking up it to other machine at my place as well but then I am getting the same response, now I can say it is dead, I have contacted the Dell support as well but then they informed me that my 3 year warranty has expired and they won’t be able to help me without charging me for it, I have asked them if I will get discount on a newer one or is there any scheme by which I can repair it with some lower cost but then they just said it’s not. I won’t be able to afford another 30" and now I will have to get a smaller one, have you ever faced any such dealing with the dell??? I am really very disappointed with their support, at least they would have given me some discount on the repair.

I don’t think that you should blame dell for not helping you out, I am not taking their support but then a 3 year warranty just a deal and they just follow the same, I don’t think that there is any company that provides discount on repair after the warrant period and so, anyways you can just ask them to let you speak to an engineer and he will help you out to fix out the same, if you have some idea about the repairing then you can try fixing it using some pointers.

As far as the repairing is concerned if you know which part has failed then you can try out fixing the same as one has said above only if you have some idea about the repairing an all, I had done the same in my case when my 5 year old monitor had stopped working, other than this you can also check out some other connections other than DVI and see if it is making it alive for you.