Thread: FPS drops with Geforce GTX 560 Ti while playing Battlefield 3

FPS drops with Geforce GTX 560 Ti while playing Battlefield 3

Hello friends, whenever I am playing Battlefield 3 on my system, but FPS drop with Geforce GTX 560 Ti. I was getting 60 FPS and it suddenly drops to 30 FPS. Set everything to ultra, if do set everything to High then I will getting above 70 fps with the new beta 285.79 drivers, I was thinking that it will fix problem. Noticing this thing with Afterburner and also found that GPU usage which also drops at the same time these FPS drops happen. There is nothing occurring in the game or on the screen to warrant these drops, well when nothing is going on then also FPS drops. So what to do with it and not able to play game, please help me. Below are specification which I am using it. Thank you.

Specification:-
    • 2 x MSI twin frozr II GTX 560 Ti (880mz default), SLI enabled.
    • Intel 2500k Overclocked to 4.5 GHz (1.310v)
    • ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3
    • 8 GB G skills DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24
    • Corsair 850TX
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Re: FPS drops with Geforce GTX 560 Ti while playing Battlefield 3

I am getting a huge FPS drop when enabling the anti aliasing and when it is happening than GPU utilization is 99% and it is with both of my cards. One thing which I have founded that game starts to make use of more and more system RAM when I have enable AA and also it eventually crashes since it cannot address more than 4GB for 32- bit application, I was having this problem and got it solved for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Baljeetay View Post
    Hello friends, whenever I am playing Battlefield 3 on my system, but FPS drop with Geforce GTX 560 Ti. I was getting 60 FPS and it suddenly drops to 30 FPS. Set everything to ultra, if do set everything to High then I will getting above 70 fps with the new beta 285.79 drivers, I was thinking that it will fix problem. Noticing this thing with Afterburner and also found that GPU usage which also drops at the same time these FPS drops happen. There is nothing occurring in the game or on the screen to warrant these drops, well when nothing is going on then also FPS drops. So what to do with it and not able to play game, please help me. Below are specification which I am using it. Thank you.

Specification:-
    • 2 x MSI twin frozr II GTX 560 Ti (880mz default), SLI enabled.
    • Intel 2500k Overclocked to 4.5 GHz (1.310v)
    • ASUS P8P67 Deluxe B3
    • 8 GB G skills DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24
    • Corsair 850TX
    • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Gone through the same problem with GTX560 ti, I believe that when you setting it to Ultra then it is swallowing up all the VRAM and harsh the card, due to which FPS is been getting down and down. For this reason I have started playing game on default high settings and I would suggest you to do the same.

I am also having 2 MSI twin FROZr II OC gtx 560 ti in SLi and also getting the same problems. But need to figure it out. I believed that the last drivers would address this problem. Well one more thing which I have noticed is that it made things a little smoother during the dramatic FPS drop, but then also it is happening. I have done the over clocked, under clocked, stocked the settings with help of afterburner and it has not make any difference to me. Even try to change the settings to LOW and also done some of custom settings, then also was get a remarkable FPS drop for 10 to15 seconds, I believe.

I would suggest you to try the following commands into ingame console and observe graph in the left lower corner and you will observe how it spikes. So commands are:
    • render.perfoverlayvisible 1
    • render.drawfps 1

It looks as if like Nvidia purposely degrade the frame rate when you are trying to upgrade your graphics cards to latest Nvidia drivers. Due to which people are frustrated and purchase a new card. I have also observed drastic frame rate drops, not only in BattleField3 but also in some other games with the GTX 560 Ti. The drivers which have worked for me very well were the 270.61 but then also problem with it and Battlefield 3 keeps on crashing. Well it was been essentially forced to use latest ones so that I can play Battlefield 3. But framerate are considerably very bad with the latest Nvidia drivers in comparison to the 270.61. I have also tested benchmarks in games like Far Cry 2 and Total War Shogun 2. If I check according to results, then noticed that I was getting 4 to10 fps less with latest Nvidia drivers compared to the earlier?

Well I am having PNY overclocked GTX 560 ti and getting same fps drops which you all are getting it. After some time the fps drops quickly to somewhat 10, and after that it then jumps back up to 50 or 60. It is all over the place; well on ultra settings 2x AA, and also on high post AA. Also noticed that fan speed changes more regularly than any other card which I have used it earlier, as it was bogging down or something funky. I have upgraded it from GTX 550 ti, which was having constant frame rates nearby 30 with present settings and also with no unexpected drops. So I do not believe that it can be attributed to other hardware, and using 600 watt PSU along with 6 GB of ram, quad core CPU. It should be fixed with drivers of it.

Hello everyone, I am having a gaming PC which is having with 2 gtx 560 ti twin frozer 2 along with frozer 3 cooler and it was been set by MSI a i5 2500k, also having a 850 w full modular Silverstone PSU with 12 GIGS of G-Skill (4gb kit and 8 gb kit with 9-9-9-28) and it is been set to high, was able to get 100 frames per second. When I have tried ultra settings at 1080p then frame rate was at 80 earlier and after that it was on 40 and after sometime is was been bouncing between 80 and 40 and was also hitting 5 fps. It was kept on jumping from one to another. I believe that there is SLI problem with drivers with this particular game as if it was not about frame rate then would be only 40 at ultra with this card instead of around 80

I was having the same problem, yesterday after installing the pny 560 ti oc. I overclocked and installed the beta driver, and still got the momentary fps drops to like 10fps, and rapidly up and down fps. I have a q6600 2.4 GHz quad core CPU, 6 gigs of ddr2 ram, 600 watt psu. Today i overclocked my CPU to 3ghz, and the card to 900mhz (from 850). My frame rate now stays above 30, and averages around 45 fps with ultra settings. So my belief is that it has something to do with CPU. i hope it will be fixed with a driver update(perhaps they can make things more efficient for the cpu)wishful thinking maybe. I just dont know how long my CPU can handle the overclock.