Thread: AutoCad 2010 freezes and crashes with NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

AutoCad 2010 freezes and crashes with NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

Hi friends I have bought Acer Aspire 5742G laptop in which there is NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M GPU. The problem is when I start AutoCad 2010 at that time it crashes. I don’t know what is wrong with it but this problem is frustrating for me. If anyone have solution for then please help me.

Re: AutoCad 2010 freezes and crashes with NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M

I have read your problem and as far as I know your Acer Aspire 5742G laptop does not use Nvidia GPU every time because of Optimus technology and that is why I will suggest you to set Nvidia as preferred GPU in your laptop and after setting that you will not face any problems.

If you want to set Nvidia as preferred GPU then you have to follow these steps. You have to first open Nvidia control panel in your laptop and after opening the control panel you have to click on mange 3D setting. Now you have to click on the dropdown list of the preferred graphic processor option. Select your Nvidia processor from there and then you have to click on Ok. Now after clicking on OK you have to open AutoCad 2010 and then check whether same problem is occurring or not?

I will suggest you to first check whether you are facing this problem with AutoCad 2010 only or this problem occurs with any other software’s also? If you are getting same problem with any other software also then it can problem with graphic drivers or setting and if problem occur with AutoCad 2010 only then I will suggest you to open control panel in your laptop and after control panel you have to click on uninstall program which you will find below program and features. Now after doing that you click AutoCad 2010 and then select repair option. Now after repairing the AutoCad 2010 you have to check whether it still crashes or not? many times by repairing the program we can solve this problem.

If you want any more help regarding this then let me know.

In my laptop there was NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M GPU and I was also experiencing the similar issue with the Autocad. First I thought problem is with the Autocad software so I have uninstalled the software from my laptop and after that I have installed it again but that doesn’t make any difference. Now after that I have uninstalled graphic drivers from my laptop and installed it again but that does not make any difference.

After trying above solution I have downloaded 296.10 drivers and then I have installed that in my laptop and after installing that driver in my laptop my problem get solved.

Yes I think with 296.10 drivers your problem will get solved. to download 296.10 driver you have to go to the official site of the Nvidia and then you have to select download drivers option and then select your GPU from there. Now after that you have to download the 296.10 drivers.

Or

You can get 296.10 drivers from here DOWNLOAD.

I have select preferred GPU as Nvidia in my laptop but that does not help me to solve this problem. now after that I have also tried to fix this issue by repairing the AutoCAD and also tried different version of Auto cad but that does not make any difference.

What should I do to run AutoCAD properly in my Acer Aspire 5742G laptop?

You need to select maximum performance in power management of Nvidia control center and after doping that when you open AutoCAD at that time you will not face any problem. now after trying this also you face same problem then let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie-R View Post
    You need to select maximum performance in power management of Nvidia control center and after doping that when you open AutoCAD at that time you will not face any problem. now after trying this also you face same problem then let me know.
    Selecting the select maximum performance in power management of Nvidia control center can solve this problem. I was also having similar issue and I have also solve this problem with the help of that.

To solve this problem you have to follow these steps.

• Open Nvidia control panel. Now you have.
    • Go to Manage 3D settings.
    • Select High performance NVIDIA processor.
    • Select prefer maximum performance in Power management mode.

Now after doing that you have to check what the result is?

If above solution does not help you to solve this problem then you should download 285.62 drivers because I was also having same issue and with 296.10 drivers problem does not get solved. Then I have downloaded 285.62 drivers and after installing that my problem get solved.