Thread: After some time nvidia EVGA GTX 550 ti goes black

After some time nvidia EVGA GTX 550 ti goes black

I recently made a purchase of EVGA GTX 550ti and there were no issues , but these days I am facing some issues which are more concerned. So in my concern , the TDRs popped up almost after some couple of minutes of playing several games. I in fact cleanly installed some drivers by making use of the guide, but in any means after a few time of playing my screen tends to freeze some seconds while the sound still working flawlessly, then the screen will tend to go black of a second as well as the graphics will tend to show another time and there will be no error message not even with the TDR. Can you provide some suggestions in that case as I am not able to solve this issue.

re: After some time nvidia EVGA GTX 550 ti goes black

I need to say to provide some information which will be useful in your case. If you are making use of the HD Audio on the card and if you are doing that with the help of other than the HDMI you can try this.
    1. So , you need to uninstall the HD Audio driver . in this process you need to do a clean re-install of the GeForce driver, as well as deselect HD Audio.
    2. Second step is to disable all the 'High Definition Audio Device" in Device Mgr, almost certainly four of them.

I make use of onboard Realtek sound of my motherboard and I think that this solution will work in my case. I had tried with some updating of the drivers . I am not making use of the HDMI audio . I also made an update the ATK0110 driver for my Win 7 and I am having same issues . thanks for the reply but it helped a bit and my issue still persist.

I am also concerned with same issues. I had the similar difficulty . I have a issue with my Gigabyte GTX 550ti with 234.xx drivers, and as said my the previous post after some time of playing my screen freezes some seconds while the sound tends to be working completely, then the screen goes black of a second as well as the graphics will illustrate another time and also there will be no error message of any type. Can you make more suggestions please. I don't over clock my CPU and also I don’t have an ATK0110 and I am able to update.

Hello guys , I have solve the issue . and after finding the solution on other sources , it was ultimately solved. I downloaded MSI Afterburner most recent version as well as unlocked the voltage control characteristic so I was able to add to the cards voltage and was able to add 25 mV. It appears that some series cards tend to be defective and will tend to crash in certain games / settings and the only means to solve it is to increase their voltage and your issue will be solved.

Re: After some time nvidia EVGA GTX 550 ti goes black

Thanks for the reply as it was solved . I did the exact process and it came to my luck that it was really solved and now I am not with any issues of black screen. And after some increase in voltage it was solved.