Thread: Not able to update drivers of HD 7970 CF

Not able to update drivers of HD 7970 CF

Not able to update drivers of HD 7970 CF. This is gpu used in a system which worked fine but due to some virus issue I restored my system. It was basic system restore. After that my display was dead. After connecting display port to default vga monitor worked. Now when I updating the drivers of gpu, it is shows that hardware not installed properly might face some kind of issue. How to sort this out.

Re: Not able to update drivers of HD 7970 CF

From where are you updating your gpu drivers. Do you have a disc or any setup. If you have internet connection then you can run a automatic update. For that right click on My Computer > Properties > Device Manager > locate the gpu > right click > update drivers. Let Windows search appropriate update for your gpu and it will be installed. If there is a exclamation mark again in the same place then it means that there is some issue with hardware. Try a number of time to update the drivers or simply download the newest version from official site.

Shutdown your system and disconnect the graphic card and connect it to another one. Clean the edges and put it back. Turn on your system and from bios ensure that gpu is enabled. I will recommend you to keep the mode on gpu/vga. Here gpu is the connectivity. The dual mode allows you to troubleshoot gpu issues.

That looks like driver issue. The best thing for this will be downloading and updating drivers from official site. Click the link below and choose your operating system. Download the fresh drivers and run the update. If still this does not work then I think there is a hardware fault. If the gpu is still under warranty then you can try carrying the same to your nearest service center.

Asus Radeon HD 7970 CF Drivers

How many cards are you using. CF stands for cross fire support. And you can not mentioned the number of gpus in your system. Are their dual gpu used. If yes then for start connect the monitor to single one only. Check it is working or not. Then connect it on the second gpu. If both are responding then the issue lies with the bridge used to connect both the graphic card or within the bios for crossfire settings. Download new drivers and runi t. Ensure that the gpu connected in your system is detected and installed and then only you will be able to use them.

Asus HD 7970 is a good gpu. It should give you error like that unless there is any major issue. If you can backup your data, I will recommend you to re-install Windows. There are two reasons for that. First it is possible that the virus lies in your system still after system restore. Second because of system restore, your driver files might be overwritten which led to this issue. This usually doesn't happen but can be because of third party tools used in your system. Run a Windows update. I hope that can help you.

The error atleast indicate one thing that the gpu is detected. But the system is not able to recognize it because of hardware failure. Change the gpu slot and uninstall the existing hardware shown in Device Manager. Reboot and check back. If possible try to upgrade your gpu firmware.