Thread: While playing The Sims 3 and Skyrim monitor turns off

While playing The Sims 3 and Skyrim monitor turns off

Hello friends, I am having a problem with the system, whenever I am trying to play the Sims 3 and Skyrim game then monitor turns off and it show me message that display adapters cannot be detected. I think that the problem is with the PSU of my system. Someone has suggested me to purchase a corsair 700W PSU but I would like to have collective opinion first. So can anyone tell me that what the problem is, please help me. Thank you.

My Specification:

• Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz, 2493 MHz
    • 2 GB RAM
    • Palit Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 Graphics card
    • KY-600 ATX Power Supply
    • Windows 7 Ultimate Professional

Re: While playing The Sims 3 and Skyrim monitor turns off

I think that it might be a good idea that you get a new PSU. Below going for the new PSU, I would say that you better check out there is need a more powerful PSU or not with the help of PSU calculator (you will get on search). I would say that you better have minimum 4GB of RAM where the 2 GB is pretty much or minimum to run the Windows 7 on it.

I think that the PSU calculator is very much extreme and also it is difficult to use, if you do not knowing anything about the components which are there in your computer, then I would suggest you to use speccy, if you use it then it will tell you all the various knobs and whistles of your system and also gives temperatures which will be the best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky Woodley View Post
    I think that it might be a good idea that you get a new PSU. Below going for the new PSU, I would say that you better check out there is need a more powerful PSU or not with the help of PSU calculator (you will get on search). I would say that you better have minimum 4GB of RAM where the 2 GB is pretty much or minimum to run the Windows 7 on it.
    I wanted to add something over here, I would suggest that you do get RAM bricks and it should be of same frequency, if you are having it then you might end up in very big problem. I would also suggest you that you better upgrade your nvidia drivers and the Corsair PSUs are very much good power supply, if possible then you better get one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amadou View Post
    I wanted to add something over here, I would suggest that you do get RAM bricks and it should be of same frequency, if you are having it then you might end up in very big problem. I would also suggest you that you better upgrade your nvidia drivers and the Corsair PSUs are very much good power supply, if possible then you better get one for you.
    If I get a 1 GB RAM brick then it will be better or not? I am asking it because my system is having 3 GB of RAM with the core2duo E7400 2.80GHz and a GTS 450, and all the other games runs very much fine on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vai!jayi View Post
    If I get a 1 GB RAM brick then it will be better or not? I am asking it because my system is having 3 GB of RAM with the core2duo E7400 2.80GHz and a GTS 450, and all the other games runs very much fine on it.
    Let me tell you that the AFAIK dual-channel RAM are having the 2 GB or 4 GB RAM modules not more or less than that. If you are going for it then you better ensure all of them have support for the same frequency or not.