Thread: which is the best, Google TV or Set Top Box

which is the best, Google TV or Set Top Box

I am very keen to find out the difference between Google TV and Set Top Box. I am unable to find which is the best between them?? I am confused because I want to buy from these options. Can anyone tell me the exact difference so that will be easier for me? Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: which is the best, Google TV or Set Top Box

A set-top box is a device that contains a tuner which connects to a television tuner. It is also an external source of signal which turns the signal into which gradually displays on the television. It transforms the signal from the cable or satellite to the other receiver. It also strengthen the quality of signal from cable or satellite.

Google TV is a Smart TV platform made by Google. It is developed by Google, Intel, Sony and Logitech. It runs Android Operating System and contains pre installed Google chrome browser. It offers TV programming, web content, on demand movies. You can use your phone as remote to operate this Google TV. Your phone must be of Android or iPhone. You can easily download the Google TV remote control application and use your phone to operate the Google TV. It contains 1080P HD resolution and USB 2.0 host port.

We can find many set top boxes which are available in the market. Examples like Tata Sky, Dish TV, Sun TV, Reliance set top box. All the manufacturers come with their unique ideas of marketing to sell their set top boxes. Some say they offer all the channels, some say that their price is low compare to other manufacturers.

Google TV offers us a lot of scope to have fun and enjoy. We can use pre installed and downloaded Applications such as Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Picasa. You can access unlimited shows at the time you want with with Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, HBO. The sound system is also appealing. The price of Google ITV is little expensive than Set top boxes but with such a features and specs it makes the Google TV a safe bet to buy.