Thread: nVidia GeForce GTX 260 not working with MSI GTX 260

nVidia GeForce GTX 260 not working with MSI GTX 260

I am having MSI GTX260 motherboard in my system and the problem that I am facing is that I am getting "kernel driver stopped responding and recovered" message every now and then while running 3D Mark Vantage, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??

Re: nVidia GeForce GTX 260 not working with MSI GTX 260

I am having MSI GTX260 motherboard in my system and the problem that I am facing is that I am getting "kernel driver stopped responding and recovered" message every now and then while running 3D Mark Vantage, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it??
    Just post the system specification so I can have a better idea of the issue that you are facing, other than this I wanted to know had completely un-installed the old drivers before installing the new one, if not then check it out and then see if it is making any difference.

I have done that before but then it is not making any difference and I am having the same issue, I have tried installing latest drivers (285.62) as well as old drivers a no of time but they did not helped, here is the specification of my system.
    • Windows 64-bit SP1
    • ASUS MAXIMUS IV EXTREME-Z
    • Core i5-2500k at 4.2GHz
    • 4x2GB Cosair Dominator 1600MHz CL7
    • 2x DVD/CD ROMS
    • zalman cnps9900 max CPU FAN.
    • CM Extreme Power 700W Power Supply.
    • Nvidia GTX260
    • NVidia MSI GTX260

Ok, are you having the latest update for the bios versions for your Motherboard?? Also try out the below solution and see if it is making any difference:
    • First Open REGEDIT and after that go in to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\GraphicsDrivers
    • After that create a new DWORD (32bit users) or QWORD (64bit users) and make sure that you are naming it as TdrDelay.
    • Once when you are done with the same then just change the value to 8.Basically this will this will allow the GPU 8 seconds rather than for 2 seconds.

Just try it out and see if it is helping.

I am having the latest version of the bios already and I have also tried out the above solution as well but then even it did not helped, I wanted to share that I have installed the Nvidia GTX260 in my third PCI-e slot, Is there any possibilities of incompatibility because of different brand cards?? Or the 700W psu is not sufficient???

As far as I am aware the two GTX260s should work together and they should not get affected just because of the different brand and so and as far as the psu is concerned 700W is enough for the cards and there should be no issues because of it, if you want then you can perform a test, I mean that just run the OCCT or Furmark with high settings and at this time the Vantage should not be using any power, so if the other card works fine then there should be not issue with the psu. I also wanted to know if this issue or crash is just for the Vantage or for the other one as well?? Have you faced the same wile gaming and so??

As far as I am aware the two GTX260s should work together and they should not get affected just because of the different brand and so and as far as the psu is concerned 700W is enough for the cards and there should be no issues because of it, if you want then you can perform a test, I mean that just run the OCCT or Furmark with high settings and at this time the Vantage should not be using any power, so if the other card works fine then there should be not issue with the psu. I also wanted to know if this issue or crash is just for the Vantage or for the other one as well?? Have you faced the same wile gaming and so??

Even I was thinking that the psu should not be a cause for this issue, the crash is just for the Vantage by now and I have not yet faced the crash for the games, I have been playing Skyrim on 1920x1080 resolution but the I have not yet came across any such issues. I think that the cause of this issue might be the CPU as I have overclocked it to 1.42Volt, I am now thinking of putting in another GPU to find out if there is gain in performance and so, what do you think should I try it out??

I was having the same case before and I was trying out a no of solution to solve the same, later I found that the MSI N260GTX graphics card was faulty, I mean that when I was running the Nvidia GTX260 alone then everything was working fine and as soon as I used to install the MSI N260GTX then the I used to face the same issue, I am not very sure but then you might be having the same cause so just try using one card at a time and see what you get.