Thread: Not able to install latest driver(285.62) for Nvidia Geforce 9600GT

Not able to install latest driver(285.62) for Nvidia Geforce 9600GT

I am having Nvidia Geforce 9600GT in my system but then when I was trying to install the latest driver that it 270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql then the installation process is getting failed in between, it seems that the Nvidia is stooping me from getting the update, is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out with it??

Re: Not able to install latest driver(285.62) for Nvidia Geforce 9600GT

I am having Nvidia Geforce 9600GT in my system but then when I was trying to install the latest driver that it 270.61-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql then the installation process is getting failed in between, it seems that the Nvidia is stooping me from getting the update, is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out with it??
    I wanted to know what error are you getting when the installation process is getting failed? If you want then you can try to uninstall the driver that you are having currently from the safe mode and after that install the driver in the normal mode and see if it is getting installed or not, if you have not tried so then try it out and then let me know what you get.

I am just getting the installation failed error, I have tried installing the driver a no of times but then I am getting the same error message again and again, other than this I have tried uninstalling the driver in the safe mode and then install the latest driver in the normal mode and so but then it is not making any difference, I want to update the graphic card but then I don’t know why I am not able to do so, is there a workaround that I can try out to get the latest update???

You can try to follow the below steps:
    • First just install the latest nvidia drivers (285.38) from the nvidia website and after that just Launch the .exe and then it will extract the package in one folder which might be NVIDIA/DisplayDriver/285.38/WinVista_Win7/International
    • I wanted to add that the installation process can get cancelled saying "hardware not compatible" so don’t panic as you still have the extracted stuff a modified INF file from the web and then paste the nvwi.inf in the folder naming Display.Drive which will be in the extracted folder
    • Now go back to the root folder and then click on the setup and after that you should be able to install the drivers.

Just check it out and then let me know if it is helping.

You can do the same for 285.62, I mean that you will just have to modify url accordingly in order to get the correct or so called modified INF file.

I have tried out the method that has been mentioned above but then it is not making any difference, actually I don’t think that there is some kind of incompatibility issue in my case, I was not having this problem before but then it all started suddenly, the nvmi.inf that I have downloaded does not seems to be replacing anything, is there any solution that u can try out?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

You can try out the below solution as well:
    • First download and then install the Driver Sweeper and then remove the old drivers
    • After that install C Cleaner and then clear the registry entries which might have been made by the NVIDIA, after that make sure that there is not instance of NVIDIA in you system.
    • When you are done with the same then download the latest version of the update and then reboot the machine and then make sure that you are closing all the other programs running in the background and then install the exe in safe mode.

The other thing that I wanted to share is that during this process turn of the internet as well. Best of luck.

I am not aware of the above solution but then I was having the same case and I was able to solve the issue by the following method:
    • Just download "285.62-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql. exe" and then unpack the file by running it.
    • When the installation gets failed or cancelled then go in to the "285.62-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql. exe" and after that select the video card and right click on the same and then click on "Update Driver Software..."
    • Now just Select "Browse my computer for driver software" and then browse to the unpack folder and then it will get installed.