Thread: second monitor shows no signal input after setting up dual monitor

second monitor shows no signal input after setting up dual monitor

Trying to set up dual monitors and the second monitor shows no signal input the goes to stand by. installed and have my first monitor hooked up to a video card. nvidia geforce 8400 gs. i tried unplugging and restarting any help would be great

re: second monitor shows no signal input after setting up dual monitor

As i can see this is your very first post, i must Welcome you to Techarena. I would like to suggest you to please search the forum before making new query..just to avoid duplications or moderators can delete your post.

Anyways, i found similar articles with the said problem, you should check out those: I need help setting up dual monitors OR See this. Regards.

Re: second monitor shows no signal input after setting up dual monitor

What is the operating system you are using. If you are using Windows 7 then try to press Windows Logo + P. You will get a different dual monitor options on the screen. Select duplicate and see whether you are able to get the screen output or not. If not then there are two things you have to check. The first one is the display cable. Just check whether it is working or not. The second thing you have to see is update your video drivers. You can find the same on gpu manufacturer website. Download and run it. You have to add the latest one.

Re: second monitor shows no signal input after setting up dual monitor

The issue is with your gpu. Right click on My computer and click on Screen Resolution. Check whether you can see multiple display in that section. If not then the second monitor is not visible and it is not going to work. I think the cable which you are using is not proper due to which you are getting issue. You have to replace the same and get a new one. Updating drivers will surely help. Once you connect the cable the display is automatically detected. You don't require to make manual changes.