Thread: No sound after connecting Dell Dimension 4700 with HDTV

No sound after connecting Dell Dimension 4700 with HDTV

I have Dell Dimension 4700 computer in which I have windows XP operating system. I have bought HDTV and when I try to watch video after connecting the HDTV with my computer at that time i don’t get sound. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: No sound after connecting Dell Dimension 4700 with HDTV

I assume that you must be using stereo mini to RCA cable for audio and I will suggest you that make sure that you have connected that cable correctly with your HDTV. I am telling you because many times wrong connection can also cause this type of problem.

If you have connected the cable correctly and after that also this problem is occurring then you have to try different stereo mini to RCA cable and then check whether it makes any difference or not. if you are able to get sound with different stereo mini to RCA cable then it means problem is with your cable only. You have to also check whether all the setting in the speaker configuration is OK. If you find anything wrong with the setting then you should correct that and then your problem might get solved.

If you need any more help then let me know.

Yes I am using stereo mini to RCA cable for the audio and there are many different connection at the back of my HDTV and I think this is where I doing some thing wrong. I am not sure whether I have connected the stereo mini to RCA cable at correct place or not? Please tell me on which connection I have to connect stereo mini to RCA cable at back my of HDTV.

At the back of your HDTV you have to locate HDMI input and next to that input you will see RCA connection and there you have to connect your white and red cable. Now after doing that you will get sound properly. Try this solution let me know what the result is.

Yes I totally agree with above solution. I was also having same problem while connecting my Samsung TV with my computer and after that I have connected the red and white cable of with RCA jacks which was located near HDMI input and then my problem get solved.

You should also try this solution.