Thread: How to use Pen Drive in Samsung LCD TV 34inch

How to use Pen Drive in Samsung LCD TV 34inch

At present I own a Samsung LCD TV which is of 34inch. It has several features like HDMI, USB port and some other things. The image clarity also so good. The problem is if I connect the Flash drive to USB port, nothing will come up on TV screen. I have stored movies, images and music files. I couldn’t able access that USB from the TV. Does anyone know how?

Re: How to use Pen Drive in Samsung LCD TV 34inch

Can you tell me what formats of videos are want to play using the USB Pen Drive. As far as I know that this Samsung TV supports certain types of video. In that I think AVI or MPEG. However if you are going to watch WMV or MOV video, it won’t be happen because the TVs firmware cannot decode it.

U didn’t tell us what model you are using. There are many models of LCD TVs. Some of them are latest and some of them are slight old. The latest one may be with updated firmware and may be able to play most formats from the USB. The older one may not. If there is firmware update option for your TV via USB, then download the latest firmware in USB drive and try to flash the firmware by connecting drive to USB port.

I don’t use the USB. Other than that I only use the Samsung's pc share manager. By the use of this now I can directly access files from the computer and access it via TV. To play videos, I use different codecs. I didn’t get problem with that. The mpeg 1 always plays but with normal quality. But there is no way I can able to play 4 files anymore. I am still finding a workaround for that.