Thread: 3 Way Sli overheating

3 Way Sli overheating

Hello friends, i have built nvidia computer, but having huge computers. I am having the HAF 922 loaded with Cool master Sickle fans, for which 1200 watt fan is more than enough. I am already having two fans blowing directly in on the graphics card from the side of the computer and one is been blowing from bottom. I have purchased the 3 Evga 560 Ti 448 core and Evga FTW 1155 mobo. Where idle temperature are 67 c of first gpu, 68 c of second one and 35 c of third. So when i am running Fur Mark which run and reaches higher than 90 c and due to which computer shut down. So please help me, thank you.

Re: 3 Way Sli overheating

I would suggest that you create a custom fan profile and set it to maximum speed which is been needed. You might be having little space between three cards then you might need some high flow which should be mounted on side of the case, so that you will get some fresh air between them.

I would suggest that you do not run furmark. If you run then you will be having a problem such that it put a hugely unrealistic load on the graphics cards which any of the game will not put it. Where the Furmark is been actually considered as power virus. If you wanted to check the load temperature of the card then i would suggest that you play games like Battlefield 3 or Dirt 3 for sometime then check what are you getting it.

yes, that is true, when you play some of the higher games then you will be able to know how much is your card is been used and also what temperature you are getting on it and even i would say that you should not use furmark.

If you are trying with the both exhausting/intake fans then you will be in position that system will be probably exhaust and also you can re-TIM your 560s. Which is very much simple to do it. If you are using Artic Silver 5, which is the long cure time, or IC Diamond 24K, which is short cure time, then you will be able to see that 2-3C drops along with whatever the extra fans you have given in the system.

If i have to do it then i would have setup fan profile to go 90% as the graphics cards reaches to 70c and would have done to 100% when cards reaches to 80c. If you are going for new fan then you should go for scythe slipstream which is better case fan, even you can go for Silverstone airbreaker, which is best for air pressure to fill through the cards. So you better go for the fans i have suggested to you.

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieT View Post
    If i have to do it then i would have setup fan profile to go 90% as the graphics cards reaches to 70c and would have done to 100% when cards reaches to 80c. If you are going for new fan then you should go for scythe slipstream which is better case fan, even you can go for Silverstone airbreaker, which is best for air pressure to fill through the cards. So you better go for the fans i have suggested to you.
    I do not think that those fans are working as I have tried to put them all together in the same way which you are saying it and it was so tight I felt like it will be breaking something. I believe that the fans which you have suggest are not working properly because they are pressing against the shrouds and/or heatsink.

Quote Originally Posted by AUGUSTYNA View Post
    Hello friends, i have built nvidia computer, but having huge computers. I am having the HAF 922 loaded with Cool master Sickle fans, for which 1200 watt fan is more than enough. I am already having two fans blowing directly in on the graphics card from the side of the computer and one is been blowing from bottom. I have purchased the 3 Evga 560 Ti 448 core and Evga FTW 1155 mobo. Where idle temperature are 67 c of first gpu, 68 c of second one and 35 c of third. So when i am running Fur Mark which run and reaches higher than 90 c and due to which computer shut down. So please help me, thank you.
    I would say that try between two cards by taking out the middle one first to see if that helps or not.

I have upgraded my side fans from sickle 80 cfm to 3000 rpm 130 cfm. Presently I am having two really loud fans blowing directly on my 3 way sli. It has dropped the idle temperature from 66 C to 50's which is very much a good step. I have tested it with the demo which comes with driver disk. The newly installed fans has not helped me. To reach 100 c it takes 10-15 minutes and after that it reboots. Now i will remove the middle card and run two way sli using the top and bottom slot.

I think that the problem is with the coolers that it dump heat in any direction and uses the same air to cool it again. Having 3 cards and no space between them which make it worse. It might have helped with larger case which were having side fans along the length of the card but might be too hot, whereas i believe that you have a open case and large house fan then also it will not cool it down, nothing but water would work then.

It is unbelievable that you are running three cards stacked up on each other and does not having a externally exhausting cooling systems on it (or liquid). It will get heated as there is not much space for cool air to enter in it, which it makes more hot.