Thread: Power difference on 6 pin connector on 3 GTX 580 gpu

Power difference on 6 pin connector on 3 GTX 580 gpu

Hello friends, i am having 3 -3GB GTX 580 Classified and having two card with 8 pin connections and one with 6 pin adapter along with the two molex ends to power each card. I have founded that six pin adapter with one molex end that is longer, so i wanted to know that is there any difference with power to card with one molex plugged vs. two molex, is the card getting the appropriate power or not? Please tell me, thank you.

Re: Power difference on 6 pin connector on 3 GTX 580 gpu

That is the thing which i have not done, you can say the crazy thing, not use the molex connector for 6 pin for a 580 classified card or with any of the graphics card, If the power supply which you are using it is not having those plugs natively then there might be chances which is not ready for the card to use it.

Even i am also facing with the powering of the GTX 570 with any of the adapter, when i am playing the Battlefield 3 Multiplayer anytime and when be in tank and start blowing up infantry the system randomly powers off. Now i will be need to have a new PSU, but not having cash to purchase it.

I am presently having 2x molex which is been connected to 6-pin for now. I am using the antec 1200 PSU which seem to be better power supply, but the ferrite on the cables is fairly annoying. The cable which are been used are stiff amd the ferrites are been little extra in size. I have got some extenders so I can clean up the cables and can put back by side panel. I will be also switching to 6-pin splitter from molex, i will do that when i will be able to get the chance. I use to run 3dmark2011 some times and has played BF3 and SWTOR. It used to work fin and better.

Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    I am presently having 2x molex which is been connected to 6-pin for now. I am using the antec 1200 PSU which seem to be better power supply, but the ferrite on the cables is fairly annoying. The cable which are been used are stiff amd the ferrites are been little extra in size. I have got some extenders so I can clean up the cables and can put back by side panel. I will be also switching to 6-pin splitter from molex, i will do that when i will be able to get the chance. I use to run 3dmark2011 some times and has played BF3 and SWTOR. It used to work fin and better.
    If they are bead for ferrite then it will not bad to use. The truth is that PSU is having fairly large capacitors at the end of cables and it make sure that cable management a PITA.