Thread: Screen flickering and resolution automatically adjusting while playing SWTOR with GeForce GTX 550 ti

Screen flickering and resolution automatically adjusting while playing SWTOR with GeForce GTX 550 ti

Hello friends, i have recently purchased the Evga GeForce GTX 550 ti and i was playing the Star Wars: The Old Republic, as i was playing it the screen started to flash and it automatically adjusting the resolution. There was not problem with it till a week, but i have seen the problem to be occurring from yesterday onwards.So what is the problem, is the game not working proper or it is card. Anyone has the idea about it, then please tell me. Below are specification which i am using it, it might help you to tell me. Thank you.

Specification:
    • Dynex Atx 520 watt - power supply
    • 2.70 gigahertz AMD Phenom II X6 1045T - processor
    • ASUSTeK Computer INC. CG1330 Rev X.0x - motherboard
    • 8gb ddr3 made by apacer technology - RAM

Re: Screen flickering and resolution automatically adjusting while playing SWTOR with GeForce GTX 550 ti

I think there might be no problem of the game, as the SWTOR has been recently released and it might be not having the problem with it. You might get problem with it, like when in interacting with mission map the trees which are in background will shimmer and flicker like mad. But all such thing happens only once not all the time, i have heard there are some sort of issue which occur with different setups.

Re: Screen flickering and resolution automatically adjusting while playing SWTOR with GeForce GTX 550 ti

I also think that there is no problem with SWTOR game, i have tried to play SWTOR on three different machine and it has worked properly, but then also there might be some possibility. The power supply which you are using is not a optimal power supply and also you medium level of graphics card. The hardware is normal, it should not be giving any problem, but then also i would suggest that you update all the driver for all the hardware, it might be worked it out for you.

The GTX 550 ti use a lot of power and for that you need to have 500 watt as minimum power supply to supply power to card. So if you try to play any game and card need to run higher graphics then it can need 700 to 800 watt power for that. So i would suggest that you installed a 850 watts power supply which will be 100 buck more then existing one, but it will be useful.

The same problem was also happening with GeForce GTX 260 and playing the bad company 2 in SLI, the problem was not having the sufficient power supply to the card. Now i have got the GeForce 9600 GT, now no problem with it. If you are using very old power supply unit then you better change it and get new and higher power one. So you will be able to play game for hours and hours without having any single problem with it.

I do not agree that it due insufficient power supply, well there are some problem with star wars the old republic, such that screen start flickering and background images being sent by the client. I have observe this problem on many system, i have checked on new system and also on those which are working properly with other games also. This problem is due to some patch, it mostly happens with Taris, Ilum and Hoth than any other place in the game. I was able to make it work with 275.50 drivers, it minimizes the problem. If you update the drivers then problem seems to happen again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anvita View Post
    I do not agree that it due insufficient power supply, well there are some problem with star wars the old republic, such that screen start flickering and background images being sent by the client. I have observe this problem on many system, i have checked on new system and also on those which are working properly with other games also. This problem is due to some patch, it mostly happens with Taris, Ilum and Hoth than any other place in the game. I was able to make it work with 275.50 drivers, it minimizes the problem. If you update the drivers then problem seems to happen again and again.
    I have also observe that and also there is leak of memory where the client faces lockups and system hang after playing it for longer time. This is something like the memory garbage collection which not fixed and made it proper. It causes more problem if there presently any problem on the system.

I was thinking to install the latest patch of it, i have not installed that so i am not getting. Now it is good for me to keep in mind that not install the patch. I wanted to know is there any problem with the frame rate or texturing or rendering. Even i have heard that memory leakage is very much bad, as some have founded that it uses 7.99 out of 8 GB ram, which is not all working for system and game.